Senior Director, Product Marketing
** Please note: We are currently open to candidates based in Eastern or Central time only.
Algolia is seeking a senior leader for our Product Marketing team to own company and product positioning, sales & public collateral, new product launch processes, customer insights and more! This is a high-profile and critical role at the nexus of Marketing, Product and Sales, with substantial potential to impact company growth.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Own messaging and positioning for Algolia and its products. Messaging and positioning are in the middle of a comprehensive overhaul - you will own and build on the outputs.
- Shape collateral and content for the public and the Sales team. This includes our website, pitch decks, white papers and online resource center. Neighboring teams will also help, e.g. the Website team with web design and building and Brand and Production teams with collateral and content.
- Determine names and hierarchies for product offerings and features, working with Product leadership. This is also being overhauled currently - you will be the long-term owner.
- Run new product & feature launch processes, working with the Product team during product conception and testing for insights and positioning advice - and with Sales, closer to launch, for messaging, collateral and enablement. This includes customer-friendly comms on our roadmap of upcoming releases.
- Maintain customer insights & research across our audiences, including ecommerce companies and developers
- Run competitor analysis and define responses to competitor comparisons for Sales with ‘battle cards’
- Collaborate with PR and Analyst Relations team so they’re representing our product well
- Work with Demand Gen team, helping them craft product-related acquisition campaigns
- Run Product Marketing team of c.5 people, taking responsibility for team composition, costs and outputs. Needless to say, skilled leadership, morale management and career mentoring are critical.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU ARE:
- A skilled and successful B2B SaaS product marketer at e.g. VP or Director level
- We will also consider exceptional candidates who are not product marketers but have experience in a combination of related areas, e.g. brand, product management and content
- Great coordination, stakeholder and project management skills: this role sits between and requires excellent collaboration with all of Marketing, Product and Sales
- Have an ear for what sells and enjoy working with Sales
- Appetite and aptitude for working with Product on launches and their strategy more broadly
- You need an eye for killer copy and good creative judgment: we are building our Creative team - you will work with them and product marketers to build great outputs
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!