Staff Software Engineer, Dashboard Platform
Algolia is a fast-growing company that helps users deliver an intuitive search-as-you-type experience on their websites and mobile apps. We provide a search API used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined!In the Dashboard Platform team, we're on a mission to empower all developers at Algolia to ship frontend features to our customer-facing Dashboard, with an emphasis on offering a great and consistent customer experience, at scale. In practice, that means:
- working on features of the Algolia Dashboard, such as navigation, search & overall architecture
- building new services powering our frontend infrastructure platform, to enable quick & autonomous deployment for all teams
- building tooling, features & guidelines that contribute to a great Developer Experience
- collaborating with all developers to support the adoption & usage of our tools
We have ambitious goals ahead of us and in that context we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer.
We expect you to bring significant experience acquired from a similar role in a former job. Not only will you lead projects in complete autonomy, you will also be accountable for planning ahead, and thinking in terms of what’s best globally for the company rather than locally for your projects. This also means you are expected to ramp up on multiple projects, and orchestrate changes across projects and teams whenever necessary. As a staff engineer, you are also expected to be a technical leader, sharing your knowledge, helping engineers grow. You will be joining a newly formed team of two senior software engineers, one manager, all of whom are obsessed with helping Algolia build great frontend experience. We're based in Paris but open to remote work!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Being a key contributor to the design, development, operation & deployment of all features of the Dashboard Platform (e.g. Design System, Frontend Infrastructure)
- Taking ownership, research, explore and deliver world-class experiences (UI, UX, DX)
- Sharing your knowledge on software engineering, testing and deployment best practices
- Working closely with the design team to define the future of the Design System
- Working closely with other developers in the company to ensure adoption of our products
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with at least one recent framework (e.g. React, Vue, Svelte). We're invested heavily in React so it would be a plus.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You have an eye for great user experiences (UX) and UI design skills
- You care a lot about Developer Experience
- Well-spoken and written English skills
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building API services using languages such as Node & Ruby
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output, over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!