Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Are you an experienced full-stack developer excited to work on the developer tools that help the biggest companies around the world scale in production with GraphQL? If you care deeply about end-user experience and want to contribute to building tools that you, as a developer, can have a voice in guiding the direction of, read on!
If observability is your game, come join Team Pulsar and focus on features that enable users to understand how their graph is used, ensure safety, provide insight into their graph’s lifecycle, and help users deliver their graph to wider audiences. You’ll be working across the stack on high-impact features, from bringing designs to life to modeling the evolution of our system’s core data models.
Whether you binge-watch a series on Netflix, plan faraway vacations from your phone, or read international news online, you’ve likely used Apollo’s technology this week. Apollo supports some of the largest GraphQL platforms in the world. Join us and help shape the future of GraphOS!
What You'll Do
- Help design and build features that help the world’s largest enterprises go to production with GraphQL.
- Build end-to-end features for our customers, using various languages in our tech stack such as React with TypeScript, Kotlin, Postgres, Kafka, Druid, Rust, and more.
- Design table migrations to accommodate new features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to define product experiences and represent the engineering voice in product development.
- Design and build technical integrations between Apollo's cloud services and popular developer tools like Datadog, Pagerduty, Sentry, OpenTelemetry, Terraform, and GitHub.
- Use new Apollo prototypes before anyone else and help us hone our “developers building for developers” experiences.
- Help onboard new team members and explain the tools we build to our global developer community.
- Help Apollo keep the lights on by joining our on-call rotation and enforce operational excellence.
- Help us design and build our own schema, while figuring out our own best practices for schema building and graph scaling.
- You’ve worked on a full-stack app before and are familiar with the paradigms of API design and how servers and clients communicate.
- You’re excited about GraphQL and modern developer tooling, and are interested in helping push the industry forward.
- You are comfortable working across the stack and enjoy the breadth of work that comes from contributing to frontend code to thinking about systems design.
- You’re excited to bring your own creativity and vision to the problems Apollo is solving for the developer community.
- The idea of sharing your work broadly, both internally and externally, is exciting to you.
- You’re looking forward to working with a distributed team.
- You like learning and proactively keep up with new developer trends through reading books, watching videos, taking classes, or something similar.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Equal Opportunity: Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.