Client Architect, Pre-sales
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Would you like to inspire and guide API Programs at Fortune 500 companies to unlock the value of GraphQL APIs? As a Client Architect at Apollo, you’ll be one of the leaders collaborating with our Strategic customers to maximize the value they realize out of their GraphQL API implementations. You’ll be joining a talented team that works at the forefront of designing GraphQL-based distributed architectures while establishing and communicating industry best practices.
Working closely with our Sales, Customer Success and Product teams, you’ll harness your knowledge of APIs and software architecture to serve as a trusted technical advisor to some of our largest customers as they evaluate and adopt Apollo GraphOS. You’ll come up with creative solutions that accelerate customer adoption of GraphQL and federated graphs that create tangible business value. You’ll also play an important role in shaping the future of the Apollo Graph Platform by communicating feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
If collaborating with a tight-knit team on some of the most interesting and innovative projects in the GraphQL space today sounds like fun to you, then we’d love to have you join our team!
What you'll do
- You'll be part of the PreSales organization and will work directly with customers and prospects to educate them on the Apollo GraphOS, its value and help devise strategies to drive consistency in and implement best practices around how organizations adopt GraphOS.
- You’ll establish yourself as a key advisor in strategic customer conversations and partner with solution engineers to solve technical and architectural challenges.
- You’ll collaborate with partners to understand a customer’s goals, roadmap, culture, and technical architecture and then determine the right way to roll out Apollo to best accomplish those aims.
- You’ll keep customers and partners up-to-date on Apollo’s roadmap and work with them to design long-term technical vision that inspire new use cases to grow accounts and do so in a way that is aligned with customers’ business goals.
- You’ll contribute improvements to our documentation, Product Roadmap, OSS libraries, and platform based on partner feedback or issues/opportunities identified in customer interactions and coordinate with tech leads internally to help us continue to build solutions to address real world use
- You’ll develop technical content to support customer and partner enablement, as well as the broader GraphQL community.
- You will mentor others on architecture and deployment best practices
- You have experience architecting/implementing GraphQL solutions at scale.
- You have equivalent senior advisory/consulting experience with a track record of cross functional collaboration.
- You're passionate about teams of all sizes succeeding at more than they thought possible.
- You have experience delivering high impact presentations in a 1:many setting as the expert.
- You value empathy and love talking with users to solve their problems, which has made you a highly trusted advisor.
- You have a technical background with enterprise data delivery or API Programs and GraphQL.
- You can create code samples, review and advise engineers.
- You've guided a team of engineers on projects from POC to production.
- You have a track record of delivering timely results because you are organized and you follow through.
- You have a creative, “can do” attitude. You find creative ways around obstacles
- Whether you binge-watch a series on Netflix, plan faraway vacations from your phone, or read international news online, you’ve likely used Apollo’s technology this week. Apollo supports some of the largest GraphQL platforms in the world.
- We’re not looking to rest on our laurels though — we’re aiming to change how software is built. Apollo wants to empower every software team to build an amazing user experience across any number of clients, without dealing with a barrage of API endpoints.
- Equal to all of that, Apollo is intent on becoming the company where you can see your career grow through challenging work, collaborating with incredible teammates, and accomplishing the unattainable.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States.
Equal Opportunity: Apollo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
E-Verify: Apollo is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit E-Verify.