Founded in 2014, AptDeco is an online furniture resale marketplace that makes the buying and selling of used furniture easy, affordable, and accessible. Fast forward to today, we operate a national marketplace and build cutting edge logistics for single furniture pickups and deliveries.
If you’re excited by cutting edge modern web development, implementing best practices, and making impactful contributions, see below for more information!
What we're looking for:
- Expertise in building modern, responsive web applications. You’ll be looked upon to recommend and implement industry best practices.
- Experience building highly scalable, optimized systems.
- Driven, focused self-starters who take ownership of their work.
- A leader who is excited to mentor junior developers and establish best practices in a team.
- Continuous improvement. You constantly ask yourself “what are we doing wrong?”, “what can we do better?”, or “where do improvements need to happen?”
- Someone who knows how to do things the right way and holds their work to a high standard. Your team will be eager to learn from the standards you set.
You'll work on:
- Optimizing website performance and polishing UX
- Laying the foundation to scale the application to a national audience
- Catalog management and regional localization as we expand to new markets
- A/B testing new features to strengthen the platform
- Achieving a mobile-first responsive design
- 5+ years web development experience
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to diagnose performance issues and solve them
- Experience with modern web frameworks and cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Apollo GraphQL
- Knowledge of Algolia, Prismic, or other services
- AWS knowledge and DevOps practices
- Bonus - You’ve used our site before and bought or sold an item on the AptDeco marketplace
$120,000 - $150,000 / annual salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Something looks off?