Operations Shift Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
The Operations Shift Manager at AptDeco is responsible for handling and coordinating the day-to-day operations during a shift. This person will oversee how the Delivery Team Members and Warehouse Associates perform during their shift ensuring that shifts run smoothly and all tasks are completed.
The Operations Shift Manager will act as a reference point for employees to help resolve any issues or questions that arise during the shift. This person will also be counted on to maintain a tidy and organized Warehouse making sure all tools and supplies are stocked for employees.
Ultimately, the Operations Shift Manager will help maintain AptDeco’s business by ensuring daily duties are completed and goals are met. This person is responsible for fostering a positive work environment where the delivery and warehouse teams feel motivated and excited to come to work everyday. This role is a full-time position, reports into the Operations Manager and works closely with the Dispatch and CX Team.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure all tools, supplies, and uniforms are properly stocked, maintained, checked out, and returned.
- Oversee warehouse associates shift and ensure they complete all responsibilities to the highest level.
- Ensure the Warehouse is clean and organized.
- Arrange for removal of old items and inventory from Warehouse.
- People Management
- Monitor and maintain the delivery email inbox and answer all questions or concerns employees may have.
- Facilitate new hire training and orientation making sure new team members have a smooth experience.
- Follow-up with the Delivery Team to make sure employees take breaks and rests throughout their shift.
- Run team meetings as needed.
- Ensure employees are following company protocols, processes, and procedures and proactively communicating concerns and/or wins to the Operations Manager.
- Provide in the moment coaching to reinforce company standards.
- Provide support in creating Delivery Team schedules.
- Partner with the Dispatcher on shift to ensure all delivery team concerns or issues that arise during the shift are addressed.
- General Operations
- Review the routes and sync to Onfleet.
- Ensure the start of a shift runs smoothly by assigning team members to vans and confirming teams have what they need for their route.
- Ensure end of shift runs smoothly and all associated processes are executed flawlessly.
- Download specific operations reports and update/reconcile documents as needed.
- Own shift specific KPIs and ensure all KPI goals are met.
- Fleet Management
- Inspect van health, cleanliness, condition, and camera placement at the start and end of each day.
- Manage vehicle accidents, coordinating vehicle tow, and police report confirmation.
- Coordinate repairs and be responsible for taking vans to/from repair shops.
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience in a warehouse environment, or something similar
- Open availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Experience supervising, training, and working effectively with a wide range of employees
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- The ability to be on your feet for long periods of time and handle warehouse duties including lifting up to 50 pounds
- A strong sense of urgency, team-player attitude, and attention to organization and cleanliness
- The ability to multitask - able to stop on one task, complete another when asked and then go back to complete the original task
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of integrity and decision making skills
- The ability to foster a cooperative and trusting work environment
$58,500 - $65,000 / annual salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
All employees are required to wear a mask while on their shift. All employees are required to provide proof of vaccination (NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance) or request an accommodation.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.