Machine Learning Scientist
Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- But autonomous selling is just the beginning. Arena knows that Autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
How you will contribute:
As a Machine Learning Scientist at Arena, your responsibilities will include developing machine learning systems that leverage uncertainty estimation and active learning approaches like Reinforcement Learning to solve real-world problems faced by our customers. Your work will span the spectrum from quick exploratory/experimental models to scaled, production processes.
Your work may start from simple models, but the ultimate goal is to push the boundaries of what is scientifically and technically possible, and share those advances with the greater scientific community via publication and/or open source.
- Working full time in our office in NYC
- Deep passion for AI and building machine learning systems
- Interested in the full ML stack from initial R&D through deploying models into production
- Comfortable working with data in Python and SQL
- Passionate about good engineering, clean code, and scalability
- Able to communicate technical concepts clearly at all levels, whether that be engaging deeply on a topic with other Machine Learning Scientists or sharing key insights with business stakeholders
- Expertise in deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch/TensorFlow)
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with active learning, reinforcement learning, causal inference and/or online learning approaches
- Experience with serverless or highly distributed Machine Learning model training on massive datasets
- Expertise in experimental design and Bayesian uncertainty estimation
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Laptop and monitor provided
- Office supplies stipend
- Ramp Company Card
- Continued education allowance (books, e-courses)
- Attendances to top conferences in their fields
- Lunch every day (and at company wide events)
- Snack and self-serve lunch options
- Global WeWork membership
The base salary range for this position is $135,000 - $200,000 yr. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.