Software Engineer, Fullstack
What does the future of work look like using Around 🔮? Just ask these amazing companies who use us every day... Canva, Asana, Productboard, Miro, Automattic, Uber, HitRecord, Netflix, Murmur, Hopper, Sweetgreen, Deepnote, Coursera, and the list goes on.
We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Fullstack Engineer who’s passionate about working in a modern JS stack (React / TypeScript / Node).
You'll work closely with the team to implement new features and intuitive design elements, refine and maintain existing features, and solve challenges creatively to ensure the best desktop experience and keep our growing user base happy.
This is a 100% remote opportunity for candidates within North or South American and European time zones.
- 5+ years of experience using React, Redux, TypeScript, NodeJS, Type ORM, MobX
- Experience with Electron, ReactNative, Swift/Obj-C, bridging from ReactNative to Native
- Experience using tools like Xcode, Visual Studio Code, Figma
✨ Bonus Points
- Production experience in mobile development with React Native in the audio/video space.
🛠 Tech Stack
- React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- You have strong cross-functional experience and have worked closely with Product Managers and Designers.
- You have a user-first mindset and strive to ensure we are building amazing experiences and features.
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team spread across North & South America and Europe.
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment🪑 Home-Office Setup🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision💰 US-based: 401K + Match🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend📚 Learning Program💗 Many more benefits
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced engineers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding engineers and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
PS... by submitting your application you confirm you've read our privacy notice for candidates.