Electrical Engineering Intern
About the Company
At AstroForge, our mission is to make space resources accessible on Earth. We mine asteroids to extract valuable minerals in space at a lower cost and smaller carbon footprint than current terrestrial mining methods. By joining the team at AF you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with our amazing engineer and science teams. This position will provide you with valuable skills, experience, and mentorship necessary to become a leading professional in your field. We offer a unique opportunity to join an exciting team looking to expand humanity’s capabilities in space.
Work under the supervision of our hardware engineering team to assist the development, design, and testing of hardware components for computer and electrical systems.
- 18 years or older
- Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must not be otherwise employed for the duration of the internship
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a Related major
- Some software knowledge such as Python, scripting etc.
- Willingness to learn Altium Design (Schematic and Layout) + EE Spice simulation tools (LTSpice)
- Hands on lab work such as soldering, hardware debugs, and electronic equipment
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Aerospace project or course experience a plus but not required
- Demonstration of analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Need To Know Details
- Pay Rate: $30.00 per hour
- Length of Internship: 10-12 weeks
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.