Director of Developer Relations - Codebase
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Codebase is Avalanche's leading event series for entrepreneurs and developers. Codebase features accelerators and community events to help participants learn and grow from each other and industry experts. Whether you're a beginner or veteran, Codebase will maximize your success in Web3. The Director of Developer Relations for Codebase will be critical to accelerating the growth of the Avalanche developer ecosystem by empowering and inspiring developers around the world to build on Avalanche. This role will drive developer adoption through talks, workshops, educational content, and other educational programs/events with the aim to ensure that the developer experience on Avalanche is best-in-class.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take ownership of the developer experience on Codebase, proactively identifying issues and potential solutions that drive developer adoption
- Champion Codebase by building relationships with developers and related organizations through accelerators, dev shops, hackathons, etc.
- Design a systematic, scalable global education programs that foster developer adoption
- Participate in developer events aimed at education and onboarding, including live coding sessions, speaking engagements, virtual meetups, and hackathons
- Identify and implement tactics to grow awareness and adoption of the Avalanche platform
- Work alongside internal teams to assist with the creation of tutorials, demos, and other reference materials
- Drive growth in the Codebase ecosystem, from converting patterns observed into prioritized development work to help shape the strategy of new Products for the developer audience.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on Computer Science ideal
- Passion for and solid understanding of blockchain technologies
- 5+ years of experience working on a developer relations team or in a similar role, developing education programs and growing awareness with developer products
- Experience delivering talks on technical concepts is required, either through work experience or through other activities
- Ability to dissect and explain complex topics in a simple manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience writing Go and/or Solidity code
- Experience writing and deploying smart contracts in EVM environments
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup
Salary Range: $175,200 to $208,200
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?