Director of People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Bellhop is one of the fastest growing companies in the $30B moving and home services market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. You will collaborate with a top-notch team of engineers, product managers, operations strategists, and sales agents, allowing you to contribute significantly to our growth trajectory. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in…
Reporting to our General Counsel and VP of Internal Operations, this role is both strategic, in terms of seeing around corners and planning for the People implications of business growth, as well as operational, willing to roll up their sleeves and work with the team in a hands-on way to implement People-related programs. The Director of People Operations will also play a crucial role in shaping our workforce engagement strategy, strengthening our organizational culture, and fostering a positive workplace culture. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of People, from talent acquisition and development to employee engagement, compliance, and operations.
- Act as a strategic partner with senior leadership to develop and implement a People strategy that drives engagement and improves organizational health in line with our culture and values.
- Lead recruitment efforts, partnering with hiring managers, to attract and retain top-tier talent.
- Develop and implement a competitive compensation philosophy and benefits strategy and initiatives that motivate employees.
- Coach and develop our people managers and provide strategic guidance and support around talent planning, talent development, and internal mobility.
- Champion a culture of collaboration and inclusivity and foster open communication channels, ensuring employee voices are heard and valued.
- Bring data-informed driven analytics to all aspects of the People function, assessing trends, informing strategic decision-making, and driving improvements based on insights.
- Implement comprehensive talent management strategies that ensure performance and goal attainment, development opportunities, and career paths and oversee promotions and internal mobility.
- Drive organizational development and design efforts, working in collaboration with senior leaders across the organization to develop hiring plans.
- Oversee all people operations, supporting end-to-end employee lifecycle management, and continuously improve our processes.
- Maintain compliance requirements and ensure all policies and practices comply with local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Thought Leadership - You are able to establish yourself as a knowledgeable and innovative voice to our leadership and employees by bringing insights that elevate our employee engagement, talent management, and overall organizational culture.
- Strategic Thinking - You are able to navigate and analyze situations holistically, anticipate long-term benefits and trade offs, and develop well-informed plans and strategies.
- Data Informed - You think critically and analyze problems and develop solutions that drive the Company’s mission and culture and aligning our People initiatives with our broader organizational goals.
- Advocacy - You will champion the feedback from our employees and effectively communicate and drive initiatives that promote employee well-being, diversity and inclusion, and other important aspects of our workplace culture.
- 7+ years of experience of progressive People/HR experience in tech startups or other similar experience with other companies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Effective change management skills leading change and driving alignment and high emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Proficiency in HR Systems.
- Willingness to jump in and help in all aspects related to People/HR operations.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. We're driven to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers. We learn from mistakes quickly.
Servant’s Heart. We're devoted to caring for others by putting them first and treating them as we'd like to be treated. We approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness. We always give more than we take.
Winning Drive. We're committed to getting things done the right way even if it's the hard way. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits to Enjoy Include:
Dental, Medical, & Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Unlimited Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.