Director of Client Support
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to bring the Blend Customer Support function to the next level.
Blend grew from start-up to IPO by focusing on the mortgage application. We’ve since expanded to an integrated platform of products that surround the consumer lending journey. As we enter our next evolution, we’re changing the game again with configurable low-code tools that allow customers to use our proven banking technology in flexible ways and stand up any new customer experience on-the-fly. We need a Support leader who can help customers through the adoption and management of these mission critical platforms, dealing with both complex technical issues and the nuances of a highly regulated financial services industry.
This role is accountable for all of our Customer Support teams, including Client support, Premier support offerings, and automated support tools (e.g., AI chat). The right candidate for this role has deep experience running Support organizations at other Saas companies and a strong understanding of the Banking / Lending industry. They will also understand how to work with Product Management to package support offerings into multiple levels that customize the services offered by customer type or size.
Blend’s customers and the existing team (20+ support professionals) are US-based. We are building an offshore (India-based) team to complement US capacity and building this hybrid service model will be a key goal for the role.
NOTE: This is NOT a Remote role! This is a hybrid role and you must be able to come into the Westlake Village, CA office.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead team of Support resources to support highly complex customers within the Banking/Lending industry
- Build out an offshore team using existing India-based infrastructure (that currently supports other parts of Blend); ensure this team is hired, trained, and ramped asap to complement our US-based teams
- Create teams that are deep experts in the product and can take accountability for customer issues, either resolving themselves or working seamlessly with Product SMEs
- Collaborate with our PMM (Product Marketing) teams to design revenue-generating support offerings (e.g., Premier) that allow customers to upgrade services levels and entitlements that better suit their needs
- Continually drive operational improvements in our support model through tools (e.g., AI chat) or process changes that manage cost to serve without sacrificing service levels
- Being the Voice of the Customer in internal strategy decisions and initiatives
- Designing and championing a support team culture that inspires the team to deliver incredible customer experience
- Creating KPIs that accurately measure the state of the business and provide leading insight for decision making
Who you are:
- 12 - 15+ years in Saas Support roles with prior experience as a Support leader for a SaaS company
- Understanding of the Lending / Banking industry and its regulations
- Experience building and running global support teams
- Proven capability to coach and lead teams to both drive retention and individual employee growth
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $122,400 and $166,500. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CA, NY, CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more