Compensation Leader (Director)
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is seeking a Compensation Leader who will oversee the day-to-day analytical and consulting support for Broad-Based and Executive Compensation programs. In this role, you will lead and participate in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation, pay grade, and salary & equity administration programs. You will provide compensation analysis, benchmarking, reporting, and problem solving in support of these programs.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, preferably coming from a tech startup.
How you’ll contribute:
- Responsible for compensation activities including job evaluation, market pay analysis, internal impact analysis, cost projections, data audit & analysis, implementation, and communication strategies, to improve current compensation practices
- In partnership with Legal and Finance, prepare compensation-relevant public filings, e.g. proxy statement, Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A), and related disclosures
- Assist with the coordination and development of meeting materials for the Compensation Committee and support executive compensation planning cycles
- Supports the Board of Directors compensation program and work with payroll and the Equity team to process Outside Director compensation
- Support efforts to enhance the effectiveness and accuracy of equity administration, including optimizing existing automation (i.e., Workday, Charles Schwab), and manual processes
- Development & implementation of compensation structure that includes designing job levels, analyzing incumbent impact, mapping jobs, building pay structures and rollout to HR & executive leadership
- Craft meaningful internal communications around the value of our rewards, including conducting manager & employee rewards trainings
- Provide consultative advice as needed on all compensation issues and provide analytic support as needed
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field from a four-year college or university
- 10+ years of experience within corporate compensation with strong emphasis in executive compensation (5+ years) and equity administration (5+ years)
- Experience with HCM and stock administration platforms; experience with Workday a plus
- Motivated to deliver results quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and interpret complex data
- Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to effectively present information to senior executive leadership and internal and external partners
- Ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel and data analysis to perform complex calculations and model financial impact of equity/executive compensation plans
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $138,600 and $190,000. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
Something looks off?