Strategic Finance & Investor Relations Associate
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
This role on the Strategic Finance and Investor Relations team will be an integral part of the Blend Finance organization. This role will leverage their financial and business background to provide strategic analysis to drive effective investor communications and inform executive strategic decisions. We are looking for someone who makes confident, fact-based decisions and approaches problems from different perspectives in order to suggest and implement solutions.
How You Will Contribute:
- Support the Blend Corporate Consolidated financial model and related long-term financial planning efforts
- Work closely with key cross functional stakeholders and the Product Finance & Strategy team to create and communicate regular guidance on forward looking financial performance across all product lines
- Monitor debt and equity trends in capital markets, as well as broader investor sentiment and provide actionable insights
- Collaborate with business leaders to prepare persuasive and consistent messaging for investors and employees
- Manage and advise on special projects such as corporate and business development projects and capital market initiatives
- Support M&A analyses, including financial due diligence
- Drive assessments of market trends and competitor benchmarking to provide impactful insights
- Develop board materials, fundraising materials, and other external reporting to advise investors and other key stakeholders on overall company financial health and build financial and operational metrics dashboards to report key insights
- Prepare insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help guide Blend’s strategic direction
- Provide analysis that supports Blend’s Treasury function, including monitoring investment performance and analyzing investment opportunities
- Act as the gatekeeper for financial data and manage wider distribution of financial materials for various purposes
Who You Are:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting and/or experience at a fast-paced tech company
- Exceptional financial modeling skills with the ability to tackle ambiguous problems and produce elegant analyses
- Strong understanding of accounting and corporate finance principles
- Communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across multiple functions
- Ability to understand how financial decisions impact business performance and strategy
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high-pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite, Adaptive, and Mode
- SQL, Python, or other data languages
- Strategic Finance experience at leading FinTech
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $116,000 and $140,000. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more