Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step on the Bodyport Cardiac Scale, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status. This enables early interventions that significantly improve patient outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will oversee the development and implementation of backend systems, tools, internal applications, and infrastructure. You will work on APIs and UIs for our clinical, patient, and administrator dashboards. Your work will directly influence the lives of millions of patients and families and will play a fundamental role in delivering biomarkers and insights in an actionable, meaningful, and sustainable way.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
San Francisco, CA pay range
$136,000 — $204,000
Your role at Bodyport:
- Scale our products to support millions of users worldwide
- Lead the expansion of our API as we gain customers, partners, and vendors
- Design and implement tools that will support commercial, logistics, and research teams
- Deliver measurement insights to patients and actionable metrics to clinicians
- Build integrated communication tools to facilitate patient and clinician interactions
- Show ownership by committing high quality code
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- BS / MS / PhD in computer science, biomedical, electrical, or any other related engineering field
- 4+ years of experience in a full stack development role
- Strong understanding of one or more web frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Ruby on Rails
- Experience deploying applications, implementing CI/CD pipelines, and writing tests
- An eye for clean code and a desire to share knowledge with others
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.