Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step on the Bodyport Cardiac Scale, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status. This enables early interventions that significantly improve patient outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Bodyport, you will lead design and development efforts on our patient, clinician, and administrator dashboards. You will work closely with product and data science teams to ensure interfaces are intuitive and reliable. You will be at the forefront of the development of new user experiences that meaningfully influence the lives of patients, families, and clinicians.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
San Francisco, CA pay range
$136,000 — $204,000
Your role at Bodyport:
- Develop patient triaging, measurement trends, and in-app communication features for our clinical user experience
- Develop measurement insights and educational content delivery for our patient user experience
- Understand clinician and patient needs in order to make informed design decisions
- Coordinate the release of architectural changes and product features
- Shape the direction of software development best practices for future engineers
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- BS / MS / PhD in computer science, biomedical, electrical, or any other related engineering field
- 4+ years of experience in a frontend development role
- Strong understanding of one or more frontend frameworks such as Svelte, React, or Vue.
- Demonstrated history of shipping responsive web applications to production
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines, test suites, and linters
- Passion for building beautiful and functional applications
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.