Customer Operations Team Leader
About the Role
First and foremost, you are an excellent coach. Your task if to give agents feedback, identify root causes of performance issues, and actively train agents to fix the defects that you find. You hold the people on your team to your high standards (you are not afraid to say "this isn't good, and here's why"), keep the customer experience at the center of every conversation, create SMART goals for improving performance, and write feedback that meets our standards for feedback. You are not afraid to dive into customer issues yourself and are able to become a product expert in order to serve as an excellence coaching source for your agents.
- Closely monitoring agent performance, primarily in terms of quality, productivity, and attendance metrics, with a primary goal of maintaining quality assurance scores above 90%
- Providing frequent coaching to agents based QA feedback, metrics, customer survey responses, and your own ticket observations
- Occasionally handling angry customer escalations
- Ensure schedule adherence by agents & desired productivity levels
- Maintaining coaching logs and providing regular written feedback to agents
- Comfortably navigating our support environment, which includes tools such as Zendesk, Metabase, and Five9
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Initiate consequence management steps in case of low performance by team members
- Delegate tasks to high potential team members to build a culture of learning & development in the tea
- Suggest & lead team building activities for team motivation
Profile Must Haves
- Coaching experience - you've been directly responsible for help others improve their performance
- Customer service experience - you have been in a customer-facing position
Your First Days
You become a product expert and dive straight into support, learning how to walk the walk excellently yourself so that you can coach your future agents from a better position.
You get your first team and immediately set about evaluating their performance and drafting your first SMART goals for each agent to get them hitting targets. You start leaving regular written feedback to agents and get a coaching rhythm going with them.
Your team is hitting above 90% on quality metrics. For the agents not hitting, you have a clear plan for how you expect them to get there and by when.
System Requirements (Equipment not provided - NO CHROMEBOOKS, NO LINUX OS)
- Minimum 15Mbps wired internet connection
- Minimum i5 processor or equivalent
- Minimum 12GB Ram
- Quiet working environment
- Steady power and internet connection
This is a fully remote position. We operate 24/7 and work on a rotating roster. You must be OK to work weekends on any shift.