Senior Banking Operations Analyst
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Banking Operations Analyst, you’ll join a high-performing global team of payment professionals whose work is a critical part of Coinbase achieving its mission of financial freedom. At Coinbase we have a high hiring bar and we’re determined to create a progressive, inclusive place to work.
Ideally, this person will have experience supporting product launches in the payment and/or crypto space or must be able to quickly learn about new payment solutions and crypto product initiatives. You must have the ability to efficiently execute tasks, balance competing priorities, show attention to details and provide data driven insights that help drive payment decisions.This position provides the ideal candidate a great opportunity to work/learn skills at the intersection of finance 1.0 and Crypto / Web3. You will collaborate with stakeholders in our finance organization as well as those in our product and engineering teams.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Act a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more fiat payment rails, including owning workflows, documentation, and preparation for new rail integrations.
- Ensure daily customer payments are processed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Partner with Sales and Account Managers to craft and implement optimal payment flows that fully integrate with our broad client base.
- Conduct research for escalated payment issues and strategically resolve customer issues as needed.
- Collaborate with internal teams for regulatory and banking requests.
- Act as a primary operations contact for banking partners to triage issues related to our current fiat rail integrations and/or customer payments.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner.
- Proactively drive impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by working with internal support teams and vendor partners.
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience with payment processing and money movement across multiple payment rails.
- 2 - 4 years experience in payment operations or banking.
- 1 - 2 years experience collaborating with key stakeholders such as third-party vendors, banking/financial institutions, or internal partner teams.
- Fantastic communication skills to operate globally across multiple departments and job sites.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Expected 20% travel to local office required to meet with cross-functional stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with non-US fiat payment rails.
- Experience working with a global, distributed team.
- Experience with compliance, fraud, account access, trust and safety, or other relevant operational domains.
- Familiarity with SQL or other technical tools.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Job #: P1370326
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $83,300 to $98,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?