Associate Communications Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for an International Communications Associate to join the Coinbase Communications team. This role will work primarily on Coinbase’s international expansion communications strategy, through proactive and reactive communications across both owned and earned channels. They will assist with the planning, execution and design of our international communications strategy and media relations initiatives. This role will also support Country and Regional Directors, and work cross-functionally across a team of internal stakeholders. PR + crypto equals a fast-paced work environment, and a successful candidate will demonstrate grace under fire, with an ability to deliver quality communications quickly under pressure.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Assist in implementing Coinbase’s international communications strategy, partnering closely with your line manager, as well as functional teams globally including: the policy, product and marketing teams.
- Maintain an up-to-date stakeholder map for relevant media and influencers across international markets
- Monitor relevant media and influencers both directly and through local, in-country Strategic Communications agencies
- Provide weekly reports that capture all international communications activities, including but not limited to: press interviews, podcasts, background conversations, panel discussions, conference keynotes.
- Assist in managing Strategic Communication agencies in countries throughout EMEA, APAC and LATAM to manage Coinbase’s reputation and drive company priorities through tailored, local strategies
- Identify visibility opportunities for senior leadership and executive team which would positively impact on the perception of Coinbase and the crypto ecosystem among target audiences
- Prepare briefing documents in advance of media engagement and other external speaking opportunities
- Prepare owned channel content (Blog + Social) on relevant news and product launches
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years experience in a tech/fintech focused communications role, either in-house or in agency
- An understanding of the interaction between industry and policymaking, with experience in delivering public affairs campaigns
- An ability to distill complex information into brief, digestible jargon-free communications
- Results-oriented with experience in delivering results in a fast-paced role, across multiple time-zones
- Experience with media, particularly new media and familiarity with web3 channels outside of the US
- Extreme attention to detail and impeccable writing skills - essential in this role
- An ability to manage complex competing demands and the organization skills to stay on top of these
- Familiarity with crypto, blockchain and web3
- Big picture, blue-sky thinking
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in international markets and across different cultures
- Experience in a public company
- Experience in a web3 focused organization
- An understanding of the regulatory landscape influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow)
- An interest in crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world - and we want you to help!
This person should be based in either the UK or Ireland.
Position ID: P53754
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.