APAC Policy Senior Associate/Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The International Policy Team sits in the overall Policy Team within the Trust & Risk Department at Coinbase. The International Policy Team engages with global policymakers to shape informed and effective crypto regulations worldwide. Our approach is guided by our Go Deep and Go Broad international strategy, which ladders up to our company wide ambition to help onboard the next billion users into crypto.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Conduct policy and legislative research that reflects the policy team’s priorities and contributes to critical policy outcomes.
- Identify and recommend proactive strategies on policy issues affecting Coinbase in APAC.
- Support the Policy team on regulatory whitepapers, consultations, and thought leadership
- Serve as an interface for government relationships in APAC countries.
- Engage on legislative and industry issues that impact the company’s reputation with policymakers in relevant countries.
- Develop position papers and advocacy documents to support advocacy goals, align policy positions across key functions, and ensure consistency in messaging across the company on core policy issues.
- Monitor and analyze policy trends for the company; succinctly synthesize information for internal audiences on potential legislation
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues on external policy communications
- Cross functional collaboration to strategically support the company’s international expansion.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- 6+ years of experience in public policy management or a government role.
- Know-how in the area of financial services and technology.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and effectively interacting with lawmakers and regulators.
- Experience advising Product and Engineering teams to consider and operationalize policy considerations as part of their business roadmaps.
- Superlative research, writing and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working on novel issues in a turbocharged environment, combined with a proclivity for proactive collaboration when problem solving.
- A strong interest in digital assets, crypto markets, and blockchain technology.
- High-EQ and a passion for acting like an owner.
- Willingness to travel.
Nice to haves:
- Work experience in a legislature or financial regulator
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.