Full-Stack Software Engineer
ComFreight makes life easier for independent truckers and freight brokers. We provide these small and medium businesses with a SaaS platform for automated financing, underwriting, billing, and payment settlement. We started with commercial transportation invoice financing in 2017 and this has grown to be a massive opportunity to solve the payment and credit headaches in transportation. We help independent trucking and logistics companies manage their cash, expand their business, and grow their teams or fleets by taking care of the responsibilities and risks of client invoicing, while advancing the outstanding money to them.
Why work for us
We are a small, friendly, and agile company where your contributions count. We are running an essential service for thousands of small and independent client companies. We know a lot about scalable software, fintech solutions, and the transportation domain - we want you to learn all of that and more. We are excited to add major new features, while we continuously improve, refactor and re-platform the code base. We are expanding into more automation, text analysis, and machine learning to support our operations and clients, and who knows what comes after that.
We are a startup in the intersection of booming supply chain logistics and fintech sectors. Our technology is already responsible for processing tens of millions of dollars and thousands of transactions every month, with transaction volume growing rapidly month by month. We are looking to grow even faster in 2022 and we need a team of great engineers to support that growth.
We are looking for
● An experienced, detailed-oriented, and quality-minded Full Stack Software Engineer.
● A track record of shipping high quality software under deadlines.
● Someone who likes to work with other engineers to ensure that work products follow best practices, meet technical requirements and achieve high quality standards.
● Someone who thrives in a creative, communicative, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
● Someone who can help us rewrite or refactor our frontend applications and mobile apps within the next year
● You test everything you reasonably can test. You like to leave the code cleaner than you found it. You know when to optimize and when to maintain consistency.
● You are consistently great to work with and you contribute to our friendly and open environment.
Nice to have
● A degree in computer science.
● Experience with SaaS solutions for commercial transportation or financial processing.
Location / working arrangements / benefits
● Compensation range is 130-160k, with 0.1 to 0.15% equity.
● We are based in Long Beach, CA but work remotely most of the time. We have an in-office day every week for local team members to meet face-to-face, do a lot of whiteboarding, and have lunch together.
● We have daily standups and collaborate over video or Slack/Huddle during the day.
● We value ‘maker time’ and avoid scheduled meetings when we can.
● Each member of the team receives generous stock options (equity) benefits as well as full medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
● We have a flexible PTO policy and encourage team members to enjoy their personal time and unplug.