Senior Finance Operations Associate
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Ventura, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We're solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com.
Curri is seeking a Senior Finance Operations Associate to become an integral member of the Finance team, reporting to the Controller. This position provides a unique opportunity to join a small finance team in a rapidly growing business. The Senior Finance Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day financial operations of the company. This includes processing accounts payable and receivable, maintaining financial records, preparing financial reports, work across departments (Sales, Ops, Customer Success) to resolve issues & improve processes. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience as well as experience with assisting in month end close & operating accounting software (Quickbooks, Netsuite etc).
Location: Ventura, California. Hybrid schedule 3 days a week on site.
What you will do:
- Be actively involved in the Procure-To-Pay & Order-To-Cash processes
- Maintain financial records and prepare financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements and other accounts for month-end close
- Work closely with other departments (Legal, Sales, Ops, Customer Success) to ensure business processes run smoothly & are continually enhanced
- Provide support to other members of the finance team
- Own and drive forward ad-hoc projects as needed
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of experience in finance operations, with 1+year in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with accounting systems/ERPs & BI Tools (Metabase, Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accounting experience & familiarity with booking entries, accruals, prepaids etc
- Strong Excel abilities (pivot tables, sumifs, index match)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communicator who takes ownership of tasks
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and successful start-up on a diverse team where you can make a huge impact by doing meaningful work.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage and want to help you do great work.
- There is no work/life—there is only life and want your time at Curri to be life-giving and foster the best version of you. We care about family and your own personal development and don't expect you to be always engaged with work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401K, and an equity compensation grant.