Senior Web Frontend Engineer - Remote
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As a Web Frontend Software Engineer, this is a new critical role for us as we look to add new features which are aimed at expanding our fast growing user base. Your role extends to leveraging your technical expertise in front-end application development to create and maintain applications that cater to both external users and internal needs. In this process, you will continuously strive to develop innovative techniques for enhancing performance and interactivity. You will have end to end ownership of our front-end applications that are not only robust and secure but also easily comprehensible, ensuring that our users and fellow engineering peers,
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Build smooth, stable, and secure web-based applications with React and TypeScript.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and backend engineers to rapidly iterate on customer facing and internal facing web-based applications, products, and tools.
- Take end to end ownership of new features and product lines shaping work in early stages, building, deploying and running post deployment analysis to ensure we’re hitting our goals.
- Leverage your technical expertise in front-end application development in the creation and maintenance of both external and internal facing applications, and develop new techniques for improving performance and interactivity.
- Build robust, secure and easy to understand front-end applications both for our users and your engineering peers.
- Bachelor degree or greater within Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of professional Software Development experience
- Experience working with design to build custom pages and components, or able to independently follow existing conventions to iterate on required components to achieve usability requirements
- Willing to dig into any part of code across different product lines
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!