Customer Support Associate (Remote - Mexico Team)
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Empower is a fast-growing fintech based in San Francisco. We’re on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. Our mission started in the US, but we recently launched in Mexico, our first international market. That mission takes creativity, passion, and drive. Are you in?
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
Empower is looking for a Customer Support Associate / Senior Associate in Mexico. You would be the second member of the team and your role will be key to shaping the customer experience and help develop customer support procedures to get the company ready for scaling in Mexico. You will be supporting our customers by providing customer-focused assistance, handling customer inquiries daily, and helping enhance the customer experience at Empower. In addition, you will escalate leading trends and drivers and engage proactively with the team to help with improving both the product and the customer experience. You will work as part of a small cross-functional team within the company that is exclusively dedicated to the Mexico operation.
For this position, you can live in the United States or Mexico. Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Work on the frontline of the business: support calls, chat, and emails from our users
- Develop and establish customer support procedures for a recently launched product
- Resolve a customer's issue with active listening and knowledge of our products and services
- Collaborate with the team to resolve problems and deliver a top-notch customer experience by working on various customer support-related projects
- Become knowledgeable of any pain points in Customer Support that our customers or team members are experiencing
- Advocate for customers from within the organization and drive changes that can improve their experience
- Create a seamless support experience for our customer base
- Fluent written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English
- Work authorization in Mexico or in the US
- A BA/BS degree, 6+ months in a customer support role (a plus if within a fintech company or in Mexico)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language
- Demonstrated passion for the customer experience and the ability to solve problems with a short turnaround time for customers while maintaining a high level of empathy
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and globally
- Availability on some weekends and holidays when needed
- Expertise in Google Suite
- Have expertise in Zendesk
- Are familiar with the Mexican customer and have a basic understanding of the Mexican payments and financial environment
A strong plus if you:
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!