VP of Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Empower is a financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit and give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. Our vision is to underwrite the next billion people in the world using alternative data and machine learning to assess financial responsibility more thoughtfully and equitably. Through innovative credit products, offered in a user-friendly mobile experience, we’re making credit more accessible and inclusive and providing more people the chance they deserve to participate in our financial system.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place for you to increase your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
THE EMPOWER WAY
Great Expectations: We come up with bold, audacious goals for ourselves and go all out for impact
Owner Mindset: We give every employee latitude to act independently, make smart choices, and move the business forward
Spirited Debate: We love skeptics and seek counter opinions to challenge our personal assumptions and expand our view
Customer Obsession: We listen to understand, empathize, and create a memorable, rewarding experience for our community
Inclusive Collaboration: We believe diverse teams make the best decisions, and we strive to give diverse voices a seat at the table
No Jerks Allowed: We value our relationships and take the time to build trust and connection and communicate respectfully
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
Empower is in search of a growth marketing leader who goes beyond traditional expectations. You will not just manage but architect the future of our acquisition and winback strategies, driving repeatable, scalable results across paid media, organic discovery, and product growth. We need a proactive, visionary leader who turns challenges into opportunities by leveraging deep analytical rigor and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thought partner for the leadership team with deep expertise and discipline in marketing analytics and experimentation. Far from waiting for direction, this individual consistently scores high on initiative and agility, taking big swings, solving problems resourcefully, and working methodically across the business to enhance and quantify the impact, efficiency, and profitability of our growth programs.
We see this role as a critical changemaker for the business, collaborating closely with the Product, Credit and Data Science, and Finance teams.
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Develop and lead execution of analytically-backed growth marketing plans and rigorously tested strategies, aligning them with overarching business objectives and targets.
- Anticipate market, competitive, and channel trends and proactively outline strategies and tactics to exploit opportunities and mitigate challenges, balancing risk and reward appropriately.
- Oversee and iteratively improve campaign measurement, attribution, and reporting of CAC and ROAS, including rigorous assessment of incrementality and marginal cost.
- Use analytical frameworks, disciplined A/B testing, and data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of all growth programs and optimize media budget allocation.
- Systematically deconstruct complex problems, formulate hypotheses, and organize team efforts for rigorous verification.
- Communicate actively and thoughtfully across the organization, striking the proper balance of big-picture framing and essential details depending on the audience and subject.
- Efficiently mobilize and lead cross-functional teams to maximize the impact and cohesion of marketing, product, engineering, and analytics resources and adapt swiftly to market dynamics.
- Provide real-time feedback and hands-on guidance to direct and dotted-line reports and business partners, ensuring each individual evolves and excels under your leadership.
- 8-10 years of experience developing and executing business or growth marketing strategies for consumer credit, a must.
- Track record of anticipating trends, headwinds, or tailwinds and agilely translating these into successful growth marketing strategies and tactics.
- Robust understanding of – or demonstrated capacity to learn and apply – analytical concepts and measurement technologies related to marketing attribution.
- Strong bias for action with the ability to efficiently and methodically organize and deploy cross-functional resources in pursuit of business goals and changing circumstances.
- Resourceful problem-solver who can deconstruct issues and tease out patterns and insights to inform business decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen sensibility for when and how to adapt a message to inform and persuade the audience.
- Radically candid approach to giving and soliciting feedback with a proven ability to mentor and level-up direct reports and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with media mix management and budget allocation decisions
- Knowledge of paid social and search best practices
- Fluency in mobile app acquisition and mobile ad-tech in the privacy age
- Prior success in managing and scaling a $20M+ annual media budget