Business Intelligence Analyst - Finance (Remote)
IT, Accounting & Finance, Operations, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Empower is a fast-growing fintech based in San Francisco. We’re on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. Our mission started in the US, but we recently launched in Mexico, our first international market. That mission takes creativity, passion, and drive. Are you in?
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
THE EMPOWER WAY
Great Expectations: We come up with bold, audacious goals for ourselves and go all out for impact
Owner Mindset: We give every employee latitude to act independently, make smart choices, and move the business forward
Spirited Debate: We love skeptics and seek counter opinions to challenge our personal assumptions and expand our view
Customer Obsession: We listen to understand, empathize, and create a memorable, rewarding experience for our community
Inclusive Collaboration: We believe diverse teams make the best decisions, and we strive to give diverse voices a seat at the table
No Jerks Allowed: We value our relationships and take the time to build trust and connection and communicate respectfully
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
The Business Intelligence Analyst - Finance builds reports, analysis, and tools to help Empower manage our lending operations at scale. The role works closely with Finance, BI team, and other stakeholders to automate Excel based analysis, expose issues, and identify opportunities. You’ll develop accurate and timely datasets and loantapes for use internally and by our partners. You’ll work with the BI team to expand our suite of analytics tables, validate for accuracy, and troubleshoot issues.
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Review and document existing manual analytics workflows within Finance and other teams. Develop reports in SQL and Tableau that streamline these workflows and allow for greater scale.
- Discover issues, edge cases, outliers and anomalies in our lending data. Develop exception reporting and outlier analysis to highlight findings.
- Contribute to data models in SQL and dbt to expand visibility and accuracy. Work with the team to verify changes.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams on changes to existing reporting and implement.
- Expand documentation and guides around BI data models.
- Act as a SQL and Tableau resource for analysts across the organization.
- Contribute to BI team roadmap by identifying opportunities and analysis areas.
- Work to bridge stakeholders with Engineering teams on increasing visibility and instrumentation from production systems.
- Minimum 2 years in an analytical role supporting finance, accounting, lending, or audit teams. Alternately, 4+ years in an analytical role in product, marketing, or other domains.
- Minimum 2 years working directly with stakeholders on analytics requirements, changes, and validation. Strong communication skills required.
- Expert SQL skills, with a track record of delivering accurate and performant queries for driving reporting.
- Advanced data visualization skills, you have built reports and analysis that drove business decision making.
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions such as Synapse, Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Tableau experience strongly preferred
- Synapse experience
- Experience with dbt
- Financial industry experience, especially lending or Fintech.
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!