Head of Customer Operations (Remote)
Customer Service, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
THE EMPOWER WAY
Great Expectations: We come up with bold, audacious goals for ourselves and go all out for impact
Owner Mindset: We give every employee latitude to act independently, make smart choices, and move the business forward
Spirited Debate: We love skeptics and seek counter opinions to challenge our personal assumptions and expand our view
Customer Obsession: We listen to understand, empathize, and create a memorable, rewarding experience for our community
Inclusive Collaboration: We believe diverse teams make the best decisions, and we strive to give diverse voices a seat at the table
No Jerks Allowed: We value our relationships and take the time to build trust and connection and communicate respectfully
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As Head of Customer Operations, you will report fo the CFO and be responsible for both front and back of house operations,
Empower is a remote-first company. We drive connectivity through regular company offsites. Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- Lead, manage, and develop both front and back of house customer operations teams.
- Foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement across all operational areas.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies for customer service operations aligned with company objectives.
- Ensure effective integration of front and back office functions to provide a seamless customer experience.
- Oversee outsourced support operations, ensuring vendors meet contractual obligations and service level agreements.
- Regularly evaluate outsourcing arrangements and make recommendations for improvements or changes as needed.
- Monitor and enhance customer satisfaction metrics and implement strategies to improve customer experience.
- Ensure quality control standards are met in all customer interactions and operational processes.
- Continuously review and improve operational processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leverage technology and innovation to streamline operations and enhance customer service.
- Ensure all customer operations comply with relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks, particularly those related to customer data and privacy.
- Work closely with internal teams, including product, credit, and engineering, to enhance customer operations.
- Represent the customer operations department in executive meetings and provide regular reports to the CFO and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in operational leadership roles, preferably in a credit or FinTech environment.
- Proven track record of managing both front and back of house operations.
- Experience in managing outsourced support operations.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in data analysis and performance metrics.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance standards relevant to the banking industry.
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!