People Operations Specialist (Remote)
People & HR, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America's Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As a People Operations Specialist at Empower, you will play a pivotal role in the People Team organization. This multifaceted position encompasses recruitment coordination, people operations, and program management. The ideal candidate is a true HR generalist, well-versed in various aspects of human resources, and passionate about creating an environment where employees can excel.
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
- People Operations:
- Oversee visa and leave administration processes, ensuring compliance with regulations and a seamless experience for employees.
- End to end ownership of HRIS (Rippling), creating workflows, setting up process and procedures and owning the onboarding and off-boarding process
- Own Employee verification process and maintain meticulous and up-to-date employee records and documentation, ensuring confidentiality and compliance.
- Lead benefits administration
- Contribute to the development and implementation of various HR programs and initiatives that align with organizational goals including building and running new employee onboarding program
- Events Management:
- Own designing and launching all company offsites and events, taking on end-to-end project management responsibilities to ensure successful and impactful events.
- People Partnership (HRBP)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive employee engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion programs.
- First point of contact for all people concerns and connections
- Identify, create and implement areas of opportunities to build remote culture
- Launch, maintain, and build insights from various surveys - utilize Culture Amp and Rippling
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience in HR operations
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to work in fast pace ever changing environment
- Strong Analytical skills
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!