Workplace Analytics - Sr. Fullstack Engineer
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces for flexible work to bring people together so they can connect, collaborate, and thrive. Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the employee experience, book desks and conference rooms, and manage deliveries in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products for a flexible workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices secure and compliant. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, Brookfield Growth, and many others.
With more than 150,000 new sign-ins every day, Envoy Visitors creates a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding people, property, and ideas. Envoy Desks gives employees the flexibility to reserve a desk for the days they are in the office and helps them collaborate with teammates by coordinating on-site schedules. Envoy Rooms provides a simple solution to book meeting rooms and free up unused space. Envoy Deliveries ensures packages reach their recipients without mailroom pile-ups. Envoy Connect combines hospitality with security to welcome visitors in multi-tenant buildings. Our workplace platform is designed to connect to workplace tools you already use and new apps built by developers that will shape the future of work.
Our motto is to challenge the status quo, and we like to innovate fast to help our customers create workplaces people love. If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the workplace of the future.
About the role
Envoy offers a diverse product suite including Envoy Visitors, Envoy Workplace, and Envoy Connect. These products help companies streamline the workflows at their workplace; their usage generates a large amount of data for various workplaces. Additionally, door access and WiFi are two good examples of other data sources for occupancy analytics. The workplace analytics team provides insights on a workplace, in the form of dashboards and reports, to help companies monitor and optimize the utilization of their workplace assets. As a senior engineer, you build reliable, scalable, and performant data pipelines and microservices to support evolving product features and build integrations to ingest more workplace data.
- Be the backend owner
- Work closely with other engineers on the team
- Design and implement GraphQL queries to support analytics features
- Contribute to the frontend and integrations when needed
- Collaborate with the product manager and the designer
- Triage and fix bugs in a timely fashion, ship high-quality code
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong interest in working at a startup
- 5+ years of experience in software development and in leading a team
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices in REST or GraphQL
- Knowledge in event streaming systems such as Kafka a plus
- A sense of humor
- An exceptional writer and spoken communicator
- Highly organized & autonomous
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Passionate about our product and working with Enterprise sized businesses
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Consultative with demonstrable experience
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing at Envoy
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $170K-$200K (Annually). We are considering various backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Something looks off?