Frontend Engineer, Growth
Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
The Growth team is responsible for driving Envoy's overall product usage and user growth. This team strives to share the full value of Envoy's products with customers via in-product awareness, user training, and lowering user friction. Our frontend engineers work closely with our product and design team to create beautiful interfaces, and iterate to create great experiences for our customers. As a Frontend engineer on Growth, you will own the mission-critical components that will enable our users to experience the full capability of the Envoy platform.
The Growth team aims to combine a seamless delivery of user-driven metrics, design-forward user experiences, as well as experimental features and moonshots. You will collaborate closely with product, design, and other engineering teams to achieve this goal.
This is a hybrid position that requires 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ
- Work on the Envoy Dashboard, which is an Ember.js application for interacting with your Envoy account as an administrator or visitor.
- Dive into user metrics with the team, and have a voice in guiding the future of Envoy.
- Work with the Product and Design team to build new features.
- Work cross functionally with Billing, Data, Frontend, and Backend engineers, to accomplish new tasks, as well as continue to learn new technologies and new ideas.
- Triage bugs and ship stable, high quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor.
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing.
- Constantly push your team forward by promoting healthy collaboration.
- An exceptional writer and spoken communicator
- Highly organized & autonomous
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Passionate about our product and working with Enterprise sized businesses
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Consultative with demonstrable experience
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing at Envoy
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
- 4+ years of software engineering experience or coding experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
Nice to have
- You’re excited about working in a startup environment.
- You have experience with EmberJS.
- You have experience debugging complex code and refactoring where needed.
- You’re comfortable writing modular code which you’d release and maintain as open-source on behalf of Envoy.
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $200K (Annually). We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.