Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
The Payroll Manager is the lead payroll subject matter expert in the company. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this role is accountable for all aspects of the payroll process such as the processing of the semi-monthly pay cycles, time reporting, tax compliance, leave accruals and balances, and ongoing payroll reporting in ADP WorkforceNow. This individual will work closely with People Operations to understand and mitigate issues with payroll input and processing. The ideal candidate has independently run all things payroll at a high-growth, dynamic company.
This is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate will need to be onsite & able to participate in hybrid work.
- Manage our global payroll processing and review for all employees including both exempt and nonexempt including on-cycle and off-cycle pay periods, final paychecks and bonus/commission payouts; assist with the registration for new State/SUI/Local payroll tax.
- Be the main contact for all payroll related matters and provide prompt, and efficient service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, and the payroll process.
- Partner with the People Operations team to ensure payroll data flows between PeopleOps and Payroll and ensure changes are implemented correctly across multiple systems
- Be the system expert for Payroll, managing daily systems, compliance with existing states and the addition of new states, maintenance and ad hoc setup for internal payroll codes/updates.
- Ensure that all federal, state and local tax withholdings/filings are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, including Quarterly Tax Filings, Amendments, and associated reconciliations.
- Apply knowledge of IRS regulations, State taxes, wage and hour laws, and local tax requirements to ensure compliance.
- Support month end close by providing payroll reports, payroll reconciliation, and explanations.
- Document payroll processes and workflows
- Partner with International Payroll consultants and Finance to ensure timely payroll funding and processing
- Prepare and distribute all W2 information at year end
- Own and provide yearly payroll audit support
- 5+ years experience managing all aspects of global (US, CAN, UK) payroll, including familiarity with both salaried and hourly employees
- 2+ years experience with payroll audit
- 2+ years experience processing payroll with ADP WorkforceNow and in ADP
- Familiarity with 401k, FSA/HSA, Commuter, and Leave benefits
- SmartCompliance including tax profile setup, tax filings and reconciliations
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A keen eye for detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Multi-state tax and payroll compliance experience of wage and hour requirements by state
- Advanced level Excel skills (can perform complex functions), with the ability to develop and create ad hoc reports
- Experience with SOCII compliance and procedures
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team, as well as independently, in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Analytical, discrete, and able to maintain data confidentiality with a sense of professional integrity
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with team members of all levels across the organization
- Inquisitive and have a creative nature around designing processes
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a broader team
- Able to analyze complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical, and sustainable solutions
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing at Envoy
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in the San Francisco/ Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $111K-$131K (Annually). We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.