Senior Data Analyst
Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
We are a top-notch data organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people.
We are looking for a talented and driven technical leader to accelerate our efforts and be a major part of our data-centric culture. This person will work closely with various cross-functional teams such as product, marketing, sales, and engineering to develop and deliver metrics, analyses, solutions, and insights, with actionable recommendations to business partners. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen, product sense and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. Our main technology stack currently includes Redshift, Spark, AWS Glue, dbt, Airflow, Looker, and Jupyter Notebooks. If you’re looking to challenge the status quo and build the Office OS, come join us.
This is a hybrid position that requires 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to initiate, lead and drive to completion strategic projects with product and business teams across the organization
- Develop deep-dive analyses and predictive models to drive product insights and business decisions
- Exploratory research on user data to determine the future of the product roadmap
- Drive org-wide impact by shaping product and business strategy through data-centric presentations
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or go-to-market strategies
- Convert analysis results into actionable recommendations. Independently craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Someone with extremely high standards that obsesses over data accuracy. You’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great. You care deeply about the quality of your work and our data. You are passionate about finding the insights and “truth” that data can give.
- A big picture, systems thinker. You think about how the whole is a sum of many parts and how we can properly measure them end to end such that we have the per context for insights.
- An owner. You feel personally accountable and responsible and know seeing the problem is less than half of it. You look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions to them before they become major issues.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed of and impact you have in startups. Conversely you never, ever want to be a tiny cog in a gigantic machine.
- An open-minded learner. You live to learn new things, like staying up to date on new technologies, tools, and techniques. You are inspired by what people inside and outside Envoy know and are eager to incorporate the world's knowledge into your work.
- Emotionally mature & humble. You care about being effective over being right. Ideally you’ve made major changes & decisions in your life and learned from the results.
- Communicative & empathetic. You are happy when helping others succeed, particularly your team and partners across the company.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of SQL
- Experience with Python and key data processing and visualization libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, seaborn, etc.)
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling
- Experience influencing strategy through data-centric presentations
- Working knowledge of Unix command-line/shell and git
- Experience telling stories with data and visualization tools, as well as custom data visualizations (D3, React, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives and compile compelling narratives.
- Experience running platform experiments and techniques like A/B testing
- You have experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- You excel at working with minimal direction and high expectations
- Proven record of writing and optimizing code with high levels of craftsmanship, and coaching others to improve technical outputs
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $152K-$170K (Annually). We are considering various backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.