Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
Product designers at Envoy lead the creation of new products and the entire user experience of Envoy’s products for workplaces. Fundamentally we believe that workplaces work better when they work for people who use them. Product designers at Envoy push the boundaries and seek to be recognized for great design.
This role focuses on our products Employees use. The primary way we envision employees interacting with their workplace is from their mobile app. We also provide a desktop website, emails, and integrations into popular apps like Slack and Microsoft Teams for employees. We seek to build intuitive, contextual and informative products for employees to use and manage their entire workplace experience. Booking a desk, room, lunch, social events and more can all be booked through Envoy.
This role will involve plenty of research into employees and how they use our products.. This person will travel with the team to do research on employees using our products and will identify ways to transform how those employees use workplaces. They’ll design solutions that challenge the status quo to deliver an amazing user experience. They’ll work with engineering and PM partners to deliver impactful solutions.
This is a hybrid position that requires at least 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
- Be responsible for the mobile app product design, develop a mobile app design system, and be the steward of mobile design at Envoy.
- Design the employee experience on our Web product and Flagship Integrations including Slack, Google and Microsoft.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to build products and features that are well designed and provide a great user experience while solving important business needs.
- Work with product managers and our customer-facing teams to do user research to inform our product direction, including site visits to see how employees use Envoy at their workplaces
- 2-4 years of experience working as a product designer
- An updated portfolio of your work including case studies of recent projects
- Strong visual/UI design skills on web and native mobile, including layout, typography, visual hierarchy, and animation/motion
- Strong user experience design skills: understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows
- Strong product-thinking skills: understanding of how your designs support your user’s goals, your team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives
- Proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design work
- Flexible: you enjoy taking on new challenges as new opportunities arise
- Low-ego: you embrace getting constructive feedback on your work on a regular basis from a diverse group of designers
- Someone with extremely high standards: you want to change workplaces everywhere through great design, and you’ll help the team ship without compromising end user experience
- Obsessive problem solver: you want to deeply understand our users, their challenges, and are flexible to find the best solutions for them
- A strong communicator: you can lead group design conversations, share company-wide presentations and design updates, and care about helping people understand the value of great design
Nice to have
- Code skills that enable you to build effective and accessible designs on web and mobile
- You contribute to the larger design community through writing, speaking, mentoring, teaching, or more
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment, or with SaaS products
- Expertise in designing for accessibility
- A link to your portfolio (if password-protected, please include the password 🔐)
- A link to your Dribbble profile, if you have one
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $140K-$165K (Annually). Final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.