Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to manage the Workplace Analytics & Access Control team. As a leader in the Engineering organization, you will be a point person on driving execution, technical leadership, people development, recruiting top-level talent as well as hands-on development work. Specifically you'll focus on:
We are creating a central data hub for office activity with an initial focus on occupancy data for return to office (RTO) initiatives. This is one of the most important reasons why our customers purchase Envoy’s flagship Workplace package. You will partner with Product PM and own the strategy and execution for ingesting and processing data from our access control and wifi integrations that power our Occupancy Dashboard. This helps our customers make better workplace decisions about their people and spaces.
Our products help millions of people do their best work in workplaces every day, provide touchless access to the workplace through mobile apps and provide certainty and safety. You will work closely with our access control partners and drive the strategy and execution of this product.
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
This is a hybrid position that requires at least 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
- Drive great execution, work with the team to set clear goals, and deliver against them.
- Recruit, grow, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team.
- Plan 6-12 month roadmaps and inspire your team with a compelling vision.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people coach.
- Implement and operate agile development best practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote engineering excellence, culture, and establish metrics for regular assessment/improvement.
- Invest in our future and help build the Envoy engineering brand through blogs, conferences, open source projects, etc.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on technical development experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing a cross-functional engineering team.
- A strong track record of rapidly delivering projects with high impact outcomes.
- Experience running the day-to-day agile/scrum process for an engineering team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Clear, concise, and open in your communication, whether it be asynchronous or in person
- Customer centric, and care deeply about creating great product and customer experience
- Methodical and use data to make decisions, but not dependent on it to drive action
- Unafraid to roll up your sleeves to pitch in to help those around you
- Relentless in driving quality and creating something that really stands out
Nice to have
- Experience working in high growth venture-backed startup(s).
- Experience working in IoT related companies.
- Experience building and launching greenfield product(s).
- Experience migrating from monolithic to service oriented architecture
- Contribute to open source projects/libraries.
- Blog, teach, mentor, or help others learn outside of your day to day work.
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $230K -$258K (Annually). Final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.