Account Manager, SMB
Deliver Unmatched Experience to Users
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2023. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
The Account Manager will help their clients grow and realize the Flexport value by deeply understanding the client’s supply chain and partnering to find solutions for their clients. Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- Cultivate and grow relationships with key business stakeholders that empower the client and deepen the relationship with Flexport.
- Meet regularly with clients to monitor the account health and find ways to improve on their current experience.
- Use your knowledge of the client to identify, develop, and close upsell, cross sell and renewal opportunities.
- Keep a close pulse on client financial health, reporting on the client’s financials and ensuring clients maintain consistent payment schedules.
- Lead and actively participate in client onboarding and creating standard operating procedures.
- Scope and guide the implementation stages and timelines for new opportunities and clients.
- Work globally with counterparts in Asia, Europe and Latin America, to ensure a consistent account management experience.
- Monitor client metrics data, working with Global Operations teams to ensure metrics consistently meet client expectations, address escalations and solve clients issues effectively and efficiently.
- Lead and prepare content for regular client touch points to help clients understand the value they are realizing and new opportunities to improve performance.
- Use your intensive knowledge of the client’s business to lead the preparation and presentation of quarterly strategy reviews with minimal guidance.
- Drive product adoption with client stakeholders to ensure that clients realize the full value with Flexport.
- Regularly review and document the client’s success criteria. As the client’s needs evolve, you will refine the client’s success criteria.
- Continue to expand your knowledge of supply chain processes though internal and external training offerings to best enable you to act as a trusted advisor.
- Maintain SalesForce accounts records and opportunity pipeline.
You should have
- 2-4 years of experience in a sales/account management or a client facing role.
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain is preferred.
- Client-centric: obsessed with client outcomes, doing what it takes to deliver the client’s expectations, understanding your client’s current and future business goals and challenges and translating those into relevant solutions and strategic account planning.
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
- Deeply curious: always working to understand the client’s needs and learn how Flexport can best meet them.
- Next-level attention to detail: enjoy combing through the metrics and details to identify opportunities to improve internally or better manage the client relationship.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven track record of (cross)selling a product.
- Strong focus on growing your customers through a consultative approach.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?