Manager, New Business Implementation - Global Operations
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
We’re looking for a New Business Implementation Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to establish and standardize the Implementation Best Practices that will be utilized across our organization. The ideal candidate should have the ability to drive implementation workflow and should have extensive experience managing cross-functional projects. Salivating at the thought of solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
You want to:
- Help Flexport become the best freight operator in the world
- Work on some of the most important and difficult challenges the organization faces
- Be in the place to fix issues you observe and make a real difference for your colleagues in all teams at Flexport; give people the tools and skills to perform better at a fast growing business
- Work at the intersection of business, technology, and operations, learn how to navigate the trade-offs required, shape Flexport's operating system for the future
- Get exposure to a variety of topics, geographies, stakeholders to learn what's out there, learn how to build solutions that work, and bring teams together
- Grow as a leader: build your set of tools (e.g., continuous improvement), learn new leadership skills (e.g, working with diverse sets of stakeholders, influencing the company's agenda effectively), become a thought leader
- Build your network in the company
- Have fun as part of a high-performing team of creative leaders
- Lead the implementation of new client accounts or new business with existing clients from business award of multi-modal services through implementation and ramp up to steady state service delivery.
- Partner with Sales, Operations, Account Management, Integrations acting as the primary set of extra hands shepherding the internal and external stakeholders through the implementation lifecycle including engaging in implementation related pre-sale activities.
- Structure total scope of awarded business and create an implementation project plan ensuring all internal teams are in position to execute.
- Own the readiness to serve and implementation project critical path to deliver internal and external stakeholder deliverables
- Continuously drive and adapt the plan to new realities and findings to optimize for service level and quality while establishing efficient and universal internal and external solutions
- Summarize and report out on implementation program status to leadership (commercial, business, and operational) highlighting any barriers to success and proposing mitigation strategies
- Scale yourself through others: engage other Flexporters in problem-solving and project execution, build productive relationships, resolve conflicts constructively, mentor teammates
- Help weave the fabric of Flexport through working across teams, geographies, and topics
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of work experience in freight forwarding, international logistics, or supply chain consulting industries
- Experience in process improvement-related topics
- Curiosity, creativity and great problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to build strong relationships and to influence without authority, and the ability to work with all levels in the organization to initiate and drive change
- Program management skills (set goals, manage delivery, create and measure impact)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to handle data effectively; system-oriented thinking and end-to-end view of processes
- Self-starter, tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to travel
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?