Cash Application Associate
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
We are looking for a remarkably driven Cash Application Associate to join our Accounts Receivable department operations. The ideal candidate is a motivated problem-solver who can collaborate effectively on larger teams, possesses accurate data entry skills and an eye for detail. This role will balance and close batches accurately and timely. The right person for this role will be team-oriented, service-minded and diligent about accuracy and thoroughness of their work. The position will report to the Cash Application Manager.
- Manage timely and accurate application of customer payments to the appropriate invoices - all work is expected to be done with precision
- Ensure performance meets/exceeds standard level agreements (SLAs)
- Prior to processing payments, extensive research must be done by utilizing all the tools provided such as: Internal System Tools, External Tools and Personal Tools (Emails, checklist, training notes)
- Review remittance information for errors to ensure smooth electronic application
- Contacting customers to obtain payment remittances and provide payment and ACH instructions
- Responsible for resolving and processing customer payments each day
- Exercise due diligence prior to requesting assistance
- Input pertinent information regarding payments in internal system
- Respond to all inquiries or request in a timely fashion
- Identify short payments and forward to the Collector for review and resolution
- Perform research and resolution of unidentified and/or unapplied cash by contacting internal stakeholders and/or customers via phone and/or mail
- Creating inter-company journal entries, complete the appropriate applications and reconciling the cash applied to the cash received
- Own customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Enhances organization/department reputation by accepting ownership for new and existing requests; always exploring opportunities to add value
- Partner with internal stakeholders and managers to identify areas of opportunities to achieve optimized results for all teams
- Maintaining unapplied Cash position at minimum level and timely addressing sync issues between internal systems
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
You should have:
- 1-2+ years of finance/accounting experience in the area of Cash Application
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office
- Experience with NetSuite and/or HighRadius a plus
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.