FP&A Analyst, Revenue & Commissions
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Atlanta, Georgia, USA OR Remote (USA)
Flock Safety is seeking an FP&A Analyst who will support the end-to-end sales commission process for our fast-paced, high-growth sales organization. This role will work cross-functionality to ensure sales commissions, SPIFFs, and other variable incentives are accurate, complete, and paid on time.
This role will report into the Sr. Manager of FP&A and be a critical business partner for the Revenue organization. The FP&A team is responsible for providing insight on business performance, developing strategies for improvement, and tracking variances/anomalies in financial data. This role will offer substantial leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact decision making in a hyper-growth environment.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Become a subject matter expert in Flock Safety’s business processes, especially as it pertains to commissions and revenue, across each product and customer segment
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Bonus and Commissions process
- Perform monthly and quarterly close activities related to bonus and commissions, including preparing monthly expense accrual entries, reconciling the accrued commission balance, reconciling payroll payments, and supporting internal and external audits.
- Work closely Human Resource and Sales Operations to track changes in sales employee data for new hires, terminations, transfers, compensation, and retroactive changes
- Validate and process accurate, timely, and reliable data for quota attainment, commission earnings, and accruals for all sales commissions, SPIFFs, and other variable compensation.
- Review and reconcile data within sales data systems to ensure ongoing accuracy
- Serve as a trusted advisor on compensation structure to the sales organization
- Provide exceptional support and resolve commission inquiries from sales and sales management
- Communicate analytical insights, both verbally and visually
- Oversight and ownership of ad-hoc analysis and audits
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
We’re looking for people who:
- 4+ years in a finance role and/or an advanced degree in business administration
- A keen interest in problem solving, variance analysis, and auditing
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid project management skills, ability to independently manage tasks on time
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in MS Excel or Google Sheets with ability to compile, transform, analyze, and present complex data sets
- Desirable / Nice-to-Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SPIFF compensation tool
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or company with 100+ employees on a commission is a plus
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 7% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.65B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $85,000 - $105,000 as well as stock options.
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Something looks off?