Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote first experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately $400M in venture capital including a recent Series E round by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a $3.5B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Our Installation Team Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety is looking for an Field Electrician to join our Field Operations team. Our team is comprised of individuals who are results-driven, detail-oriented and combine a great work ethic with critical thinking to install products that delight our customers. Our technicians are the face of our company and interact frequently with a variety of our customers while out in the field. This is an important role that is crucial to the success of our business.
How you'll make an impact:
- Install 14ft poles per install specifications. Requires digging 8” x 38” holes.
- Mount solar panels on poles, as well as attaching external batteries to solar panels
- Affix cameras and related equipment to poles, angle to capture desired footage
- Work on both public and private roads, working often on ladders with equipment 10-12’ high.
- Working with a bucket truck to work on equipment up to 30’ high.
- Repairing minor breaks in underground irrigation or private wiring
- Install and extend AC power circuits and related equipment safely and to code
- Connect commercial (city poles) 120v and 220v AC Circuits to Flock Safety equipment
- Trench 120v AC circuits to Flock Safety equipment
- Work with Engineering team to ensure installations standards are to code
- Adhere to daily schedule by showing up prepared and on time
- Complete work in reasonable time frame
- Perform work in safe and professional manner
- Meet with customers to discuss installation options and perform site surveys
- Communicate as needed with install support team to successfully complete each job
- Driving (and bringing home daily) a Dodge Promaster 1500
- Inventory management
- Project coordination between end users and deployment teams
We're looking for people who:
- Active Electrical Contractor Class I in the State of Georgia
- Clean driving record going back 5 years, and ability to complete basic background check and drug screening
- Prior experience with field work is a plus: construction, security systems, low voltage wiring, or similar.
- Willing to be trained to operate and drive a bucket truck.
- Able to think on your feet and while using your hands.
- Time-management and communication skills needed to complete work efficiently and correctly the first time
- Highly organized
- General affinity for all things tech. The kind of person that can login to their router if necessary.
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Willingness to go outside your comfort zone when the situation requires it.
Required Availability: M-F during daylight hours. Overtime is at times expected and required based on the particular market's ticket backlog and/or unique requirements. Start and end times will vary based on time of year (solar constrained) and the workload.
Travel: Expect to regularly travel up to 3 hours away during service tickets. This role will require regular travel up to 8 hrs away driving in addition to flights. In these situations, overnight accommodations and meals are provided. Travel expectations are based on local demand, so the busier the immediate area is the less outside travel.
Physical Activities Performed Frequently:
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 75 pounds in all directions.
- Communicating with others to exchange information, often over the phone.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Constantly assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- Occasionally working in seasonal high and low temperatures.
- Frequently working in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Occasionally working in noisy environments.
- Occasionally working in hazardous conditions: near highways or heavy traffic.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Constant light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 7% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.65B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
- Every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a salary of $57,400-$72,800
- We offer 15 days of PTO, 3 personal days, 5 sick days and twelve paid holidays
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend
- The use of a well-equipped Flock Safety Sprinter van
- Flock Safety branded uniforms and safety gear
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.