Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Come join the growing legal team at Flock! We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced attorney who is passionate about product, regulatory compliance, contracts, enthusiastic about technology and its potential to drive safety in our communities. This role will partner with various teams internally with particular focus on partnering with our product and engineering team acting as the legal team’s lead advisor for all compliance/product matters. The ideal candidate will be a team player that is comfortable bouncing ideas off of their peers and supporting a fast growing remote-first start-up company while making decisions that will guide, solve and push for our collective success. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be comfortable, in addition to providing guidance on compliance/product matters, reviewing commercial agreements and providing counsel.
This position reports to the General Counsel.
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide support as teams across the company build and design for regulatory readiness, to address privacy, content regulation, competition and more, including to build and prepare systems and services that have compliance built in
- Ensure compliance with U.S. laws and regulations particularly with respect to evolving regulatory/legislative
- Work across Product, Engineering, Policy and External Affairs to respond to regulatory inquiries from various authorities and regulators
- Advise business clients and colleagues, on legal issues and risks, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- As a part of the Legal team supporting Product and Engineering, you will counsel teams focused on making Flock products better for customers
- Prepare commercial agreements (MSAs, Vendor agreements, Licensing, etc.) with a knowledge of a customer’s needs and ability to fulfill its requirements
- Collaborate with Sales leadership (and Legal function) to prioritize customer and business needs
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and any applicable federal and state regulations
- Clearly explain contract terminology to customers and other interested parties in simple, everyday language
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency
- Track and maintain key terms/non-standard requests in a standardized manner (e.g., tracking in a CRM)
- You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with individuals throughout the company
- As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of prior Product Counsel experience in an in-house technology setting, with an ability to provide practical product counseling to enable rapid development of innovative products while advising on privacy, regulatory, and compliance matters.
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, Cloud, or SaaS representing an enterprise business
- Experience with legal negotiation with government entities, private companies, and customers on contract terms and provisions
- Experience and comfort working with Slack, Salesforce, Docusign and other cloud-based software tools
- Partner with internal teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Identify and analyze legal issues, help determine business terms and structure transactions, and provide advice to colleagues that balances business objectives and legal risk
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for problems and customer complaints/concerns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable mastery of the English language
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form, that considers cultural norms and the client's best interests
- Willingness to work virtually or in a remote-first company
- A good sense of humor and the ability to take on whatever comes your way is definitely a plus
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our general interview process is outlined here.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
- We are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $185,000-$210,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.