Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
Flock is looking for an experienced Hardware Engineer to add to our Hardware Engineering team. This team is responsible for all physical design, testing, and hardware product quality. This role will make an impact by contributing to the electrical design of the Flock Safety camera and its associated peripheral components. You will work closely with internal and external engineering teams to deliver high quality, mission critical cameras.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to the design of cutting edge IoT devices, meant for continuous use in demanding environments, with direct ownership of PCB circuit design and component selection
- Lead and contribute to HW bring-up, validation, and characterization efforts
- Work cross-functionally with Mechanical, Software, Product, and Safety teams to understand and properly implement operational and functional product requirements
- Collaborate with Quality, Test, and Product teams, assist with creating product specifications and testing requirements for manufacturing and production
- Involvement throughout the product development cycle, from concept to production and deployment
- Assess, root-cause, and drive to resolution relevant HW/Electrical issues.
- Create and review technical drawings and documentation
We're looking for people who:
- BSEE with 5+ years of industry experience
- PCB Circuit Design Experience, including schematic capture, part placement, routing/layout
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- Hands-on experience with PCB/Electronic systems’ bring-up, debugging, and functional verification
- Experienced in using testing and validation lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Function Generations, Spectrum Analyzers, etc..
- Familiarity with consumer electronic product architectures and main components, such as SoCs, MCUs, DDR, UFS/eMMC, Sensor Subsystems, etc..
- Knowledge of standard peripheral interfaces, such as I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc..
- Experience working cross functionally with power, mechanical, firmware, and software teams during product development
- Motivated and result-driven team player, with strong communication skills
- Comfortable and excited to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Experience taking a HW design from concept to production in the consumer electronics or industrial product segments
- Experience with SI/PI validation and optimization
- Familiarity with IoT & wireless products (3G/4G/5G, Wifi/BT, etc..), including RF design and testing know-how
- Understanding of SerDes and Prevalent high-speed peripheral interfaces (USB, PCIe, HDMI, MIPI CSI/DSI, etc..)
- Experience with the following:
- ARM-based, multicore SoCs and SoMs, BLE system-on-chips, MEMS sensors
- CMOS cameras, motion capture sensors
- DSP and Audio processing ICs
- Power Management, Lithium Ion batteries, Buck, boost, AC/DC, and linear power regulators
- Solar panels, and solar charge controllers
- 4G/5G connectivity
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Why Join Us?
Can you imagine a world without crime? We can. Our mission is simple, to eliminate crime. We pride ourselves on building a community of low-ego and easy to work with people. What makes Flock Safety special is a combination of interesting work, a compelling mission, and a chance to change the trajectory of your career. We are at a unique inflection point where, after a few (or many!) short years here, we know you will accelerate your career and look back fondly on your time with us and the work you did to make your community safer.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $155,000-$180,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.