Global Compliance Manager
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
As part of Product Engineering, the Global Compliance Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining an effective supplier and contract manufacturing compliance across our entire program system. We are seeking a candidate with experience in near and far shore product spaces, that has an aptitude for building strong relationships with global suppliers, ensuring those suppliers meet the technical and ethical requirements of Flock and the programs we build are to the high standards we have come to expect.
This role will travel and work with third party services to handle Site Assessment covering such areas as physical security and practices compliance at a supplier; Supplier Material Quality covering the quality practices outgoing of our partners; Manufacturing Validation covering the equipment and policies of the manufacturing processes themselves and Country of Origin Compliance ensure material is not used from sanctioned countries or other countries we minimize relationships with.
Their role will be focused on both new products and products in sustaining.
How you'll make an impact:
- Become the SME at Flock to related standards, regulations, and directives that intersect with our suppliers and contract manufacturers. Provide support, guidance, and interpretation of compliance standards and best practices both internally and with external support.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a road map and strategy for the Global Compliance program at Flock.
- Implement and maintain an Audit Management System, to ensure all related data is collected and maintained in a consistent and efficient manner across all audits.
- Support and maintain the Flock Code of Conduct for Suppliers
- Support and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Compliance
- Help define metrics to drive success measurements through the business
- Oversee third party auditing services that provide on the ground resources for various auditing processes
- Prepare, maintain and support required paperwork for Flock’s global compliance programs.
- Comply to Flock Documentation change rules via ECO and other PLM processes
- Create and maintain compliance documentation for Customer and Sales teams.
- Ensure accuracy of content of all reports and certificates issued by global agencies.
- Be able to understand any material compliance globally, where required by the customer, such as RoHS and Prop 65. Responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating requirements and working with internal resources or regulatory agencies globally to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering in various pre-agency tests as part of R&D, when applicable.
- Support the Quality Management System team, providing relevant supplier data.
- Provide Supplier Outgoing Quality Inspection (OQI) Data
- Responsible for ensuring all product literature, data/product and packaging markings are reviewed and updated whenever updates to any global standards, regulations, or directives are published.
- Identify and drive industry standard auditing practices throughout flock such as SSAE 21, ISO 27001, and ISO 9001.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Program and Manufacturing engineering teams to understand Product Requirements to ensure overall system compliance at Flock.
- Be a part of transition products into manufacturing development, mass Production & product Sustaining.
- Support compliance needs with the program team for sourcing new.
- Be a part of reviews of RFQs from the program team
- Support Supply Chain and Logistics teams in ensuring supplier compliance when required, to such rules as the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program.
- Take on continuous improvement opportunities within the team.
- High level of technical aptitude with an innate curiosity to learn and apply new things on a daily basis.
- Domestic and international travel ~30% at onset and ~15% time nominal.
We're looking for people who:
- 6+ years in a mix of hardware/product manufacturing, global trade and global compliance roles.
- Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical or equivalent) or Supply Chain Bachelor's Degree or Associate's degree + additional experience.
- Experience working with global suppliers, demonstrating excellent supplier relationship techniques.
- Experience with typical challenges associated with near and off shore practices - labor, site security, material handling and quality, etc
- Familiarity with product manufacturing processes including injection molding, PCB fabrication, SMT, and cable overmolding
- Understanding of the fundamentals of structured problem solving and data collection required to implement corrective action
- Familiarity of applicable industry and standards in design, engineering and manufacturing.
- Experience with Country of Origin determination
- Experience with industry standard audit processes such as ISO 9000.
- Expertise in operating efficiently in cross-functional team environments involving Manufacturing, Product Development and external supplier teams.
- Experience working with and conducting internal audits with suppliers and contract manufacturing companies, both on site and virtual
- Experience working with external auditing companies.
- Plus - Expert knowledge of QMS processes.
- Experience with Atlassian Suite, Google Docs.
- Plus - Experience with Arena PLM
- Plus - Experience with transportation and logistics with knowledge of sanctions, export controls, anti-bribery compliance, Customs and Trade compliance. Trade program management, CF28/Audit responses. Logistics, transportation, manufacturing, and/or distribution.
- Proficiency in product & project management skills.
- Must Have the ability to work and influence across teams and manage timelines.
- Must work effectively in a team environment while working independently in individual areas of responsibility.
- Must interact effectively and professionally within a multicultural environment and with Suppliers.
- Must Have Good written and verbal communication skills.
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Why Join Us?
Can you imagine a world without crime? We can. Our mission is simple, to eliminate crime. We pride ourselves on building a community of low-ego and easy to work with people. What makes Flock Safety special is a combination of interesting work, a compelling mission, and a chance to change the trajectory of your career. We are at a unique inflection point where, after a few (or many!) short years here, we know you will accelerate your career and look back fondly on your time with us and the work you did to make your community safer.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $XX,XXX-$XXX,XXX as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.