Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
Come join the growing legal team at Flock! We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced transactional attorney who is passionate about commercial contracts, enthusiastic about technology and its potential to drive safety in our communities.
This role will require significant cross-functional collaboration with the sales organization, engineering teams, finance and marketing departments, while acting as an advisor to various business units across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a team player that is comfortable bouncing ideas off of their peers and supporting a fast growing remote-first start-up company while making decisions that will guide, solve and push for our collective success.
This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
How you'll make an impact:
- Prepare commercial agreements (MSAs, Vendor agreements, Licensing, etc.) with a knowledge of a customer’s needs and ability to fulfill its requirements
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance leadership to prioritize customer and business needs
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and any applicable federal and state regulations
- Clearly explain contract terminology to customers and other interested parties in simple, everyday language
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency
- Track and maintain key terms/non-standard requests in a standardized manner (e.g., tracking in a CRM)
- You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with individuals throughout the company
- Provide counsel to sales teams, marketing, customer success and product divisions
We're looking for people who:
- 4+ years of legal experience, with prior in-house counsel transactional experience focusing on negotiating and drafting contracts/commercial agreements
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, Cloud, or SaaS representing an enterprise business
- Experience with legal negotiation with government entities, private companies, and customers on contract terms and provisions
- Experience and comfort working with Slack, Salesforce, Docusign, Coupa and/or other cloud-based software tools
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, vendor agreements, professional services agreements and other types of agreements with customers in support of U.S. Sales
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Revenue Team, Marketing, Engineering and Software Teams, Machine Learning and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use
- Partner with revenue operations, business operations, technology team, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Identify and analyze legal issues, help determine business terms and structure transactions, and provide advice to colleagues that balances business objectives and legal risk
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for problems and customer complaints/concerns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable mastery of the English language
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form, that considers cultural norms and the client's best interests
- Willingness to work virtually or in a remote-first company
- Must be licensed to practice law in at least one (1) US State and in good standing
- A good sense of humor and the ability to take on whatever comes your way is definitely a plus
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
The Legal Team
Our legal team is small but mighty and currently encompasses attorneys from coast-to-coast. At Flock Legal you’ll have real hands on experience and an ability to see the impact of your work and have deference to make decisions based on your subject matter expertise. Our team comes from a diverse background of former government, private firm, technology and start-up attorneys, who are not afraid to tackle big problems and put out little fires. We will cover CLE credits, bar admission renewals, and provide on-going training and access to conferences to enhance your professional profile.
Why Join Us?
Can you imagine a world without crime? We can. Our mission is simple, to eliminate crime. We pride ourselves on building a community of low-ego and easy to work with people. What makes Flock Safety special is a combination of interesting work, a compelling mission, and a chance to change the trajectory of your career. We are at a unique inflection point where, after a few (or many!) short years here, we know you will accelerate your career and look back fondly on your time with us and the work you did to make your community safer.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $130,000-$150,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.