Community Affairs Manager
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
*Must be in the midwest (Illinois, Colorado or Texas)*
The residents of the entire city are our ultimate customers. Sometimes a neighborhood or a commercial business or a law enforcement agency pays for our technology, but we serve the entire community. Therefore, we need to properly educate the entire community on how safe, effective, and privacy-centric this technology is in each community.
Our technology is live in over 1700 cities, and we’ve tripled in size each of the last three years. That means there are tens of thousands of individual residents and city leaders who we need to help educate about how Flock Safety does / does not work, clear up any misconceptions about the technology, and prepare to answer questions that people may have about the technology. You will be measured on how successful you are at driving educational programs in communities around the country.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- In collaboration with the Sales team guide law enforcement customers through the public procurement process: Community engagement, preparation for council and council meeting attendance when necessary.
- Manage a territory of about 5 states, with an expectation of 30 percent travel.
- Create localized strategies to win every deal by leveraging Flock and the police departments existing community relationships, and cross functional teams
- Ensure and defend a positive regulatory environment for Flock at the local level: Ordinance’s that promote the use of Flock technology, access to public right of way.
- Gain and maintain positive relationships with local elected officials and city staff.
- Attend regional and national conferences on behalf of Flock where you will present on panel discussions, and strategically connect with elected officials and city staff.
- Garner and maintain relationships with local community groups/ grassroots organizations for Flock.
We're looking for people who:
- Previous experience in the tech industry preferred
- Previous public sector experience considered with strong preference for direct experience at the local executive level (mayor, council member, city manager level)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Has a knack for clear communications about complex topics, both to experts and laypeople, in a variety of formats, from writing to community engagement to giving formal presentations.
- A keen understanding of regional political landscape at the city and county level
- The ability to navigate the political landscape and think creatively
- Public policy, business, or other relevant degree/ experience preferred
- Experience managing relationships with community groups/ organizations
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 5% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.5B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $100,000-$140,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.