Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety’s Permitting Team is service organization dedicated to supporting Flock's customer delivery objectives by establishing a foundation for consistent and timely permitting deliverables. The Permitting Team plays a crucial role in the planning and delivery of Flock's suite of products through effective communication and coordination with cross-functional teams. They receive proper permissions from roadway jurisdictions nationwide for Flock's customers; ensuring seamless product installations at the right locations, with the right equipment, and within optimal timelines. The Permitting team upholds Flock's core value, "Do the Work," by expediting the implementation timeline and ensuring a smooth customer journey while providing Flock's innovative products to rapidly eliminate crime.
As a Permitting Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the Permitting Manager on all aspects of the permitting application process. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as the AutoCAD Team, Project Management Office (PMO), Deployment Specialists, and the Product Operations Team to expedite the permitting process and exceed customer expectations.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Coordinate the Permitting Support for 100+ projects with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery to permitting jurisdictions.
- Manage unique permitting and product requirements to ensure customers receive proper permissions for installations across the country.
- Demonstrate agility and innovative thinking to swiftly identify and implement creative solutions for various permitting challenges and obstacles.
- Utilize data-driven approaches, leveraging performance dashboards and analytics to track and monitor project performance, making data-backed decisions and recommendations.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high throughput role that has direct impact on a team’s performance.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to navigate complex situations and make sound judgments.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities, capable of prioritizing tasks, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate and inspire your team, foster a positive work culture, and drive performance excellence.
- Driven individual ready to “do the work.”
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 5% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.5B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $60,000-$65,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.