Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
Flock Safety is looking for a motivated and organized warehouse receiving associate to join the Supply Chain team. This is a one-month contract-to-hire position. This role pays $20/hr.
In our warehouse in Atlanta GA, you will work with a team of dedicated employees in working toward Flock's overall mission. As the Warehouse receiving associate you will play a critical role by helping the team have an organized space concerning all inbound and outbound shipments. This position supports all areas of the Warehouse including but not limited to: merchandise handling, receiving, shipping, packaging, and the handling of cardboard and waste for team efficiency.
How you'll make an impact:
- Prepare and package materials for shipment based on guidelines.
- Attention to detail and an ability to follow processes effectively.
- Generate and apply labels in accordance with the designated procedures.
- Keep records of goods that have been shipped and received.
- Maintain departmental records such as UPS shipments, package inventories, and packing slips.
- Stack and arrange products into crates, boxes, and cartons.
- Provide internal customer support to other departments to assist with their shipping, inventory, and logistics needs.
- Conduct 100% Audits of stock and inventory.
- Conduct cycle counts on vital supplies that support Flocks' finished product.
- Distribute correct bespoke orders to our talented Field Techs on a daily basis.
- Report to management and be accountable for unsuitable products that do not meet Flock's quality standards.
- Be prepared to contribute to other warehouse tasks such as assembly, and packaging of inventory as directed by management.
- An ability to respond to multiple fast-paced requests on shipping, order process, and quantity requirements/counts.
We're looking for people who:
- Must have a Forklift license and be proficient and safe in its operation
- 1+ years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Must have a basic knowledge of Word, Google Sheets, Sales Force experience is preferred.
- Physically capable of performing receiving and material handling activities
- Ability to bend and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to work safely, minding personal and team safety in daily operations
- Basic math skills
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Sets effective work goals, establishes priorities, and produces quality work
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.