Product Test Engineer
Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
As part of the Quality & Test Engineering organization, you will play a crucial part in helping to build and implement sustainable, robust, reliable forms of QA; including automation, manual, and integration testing of Flock Safetys’ new products & existing products. As the Product Test Engineer, you will be responsible for building, analyzing, and executing test cases to ensure the functionality, performance, and usability of Flock Safety devices. You will be responsible for ensuring that testing strategies align with product requirements. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to ensure Quality and Test Engineering plans align with current and future products.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build a highly scalable and stable test framework for all of Flock Safety products
- Be responsible for building and executing test cases to ensure functionality, performance, and usability of Flock Safety devices
- Continuously improve testing processes and strategies to ensure high-quality application delivery
- Evaluate process and make recommendations for improvements in QA workflows
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that issues/defects are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify, report, and track defects to resolution using Jira, Confluence & Tricentice
- Participate in the articulation of Acceptance Criteria for features being delivered per release
- Conduct ad-hoc testing as necessary
- Conduct regression testing and verify bug fixes by QA or Engineering
We're looking for people with:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of experience
- Experience with full product life cycle hardware device testing
- Android OS and application testing experience.
- Strong knowledge of common black-box software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Familiarity with source control solutions such as git.
- Experience in the development of end-to-end or integration tests.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence & Tricentice.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with various development teams to understand technical architecture
- Proven knowledge of engineering concepts and principles like: DFM, FEA, design/process control methods, and quality control.
- Demonstrated success in managing risk to design and schedule, coordination between cross-functional partnerships and work execution
- Proven experience implementing corrective actions using structure problem-solving and data analysis
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of environmental and real-world conditions for hardware operation.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- Experience with test automation frameworks with Android devices
- High level of technical aptitude with an innate curiosity to learn and apply new things on a daily basis.
- Ability to use creative and mature judgment to anticipate/solve nonrecurring problems
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Why Join Us?
Can you imagine a world without crime? We can. Our mission is simple, to eliminate crime. We pride ourselves on building a community of low-ego and easy to work with people. What makes Flock Safety special is a combination of interesting work, a compelling mission, and a chance to change the trajectory of your career. We are at a unique inflection point where, after a few (or many!) short years here, we know you will accelerate your career and look back fondly on your time with us and the work you did to make your community safer.
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $95,000-$130,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.