Sales Development Representative
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
About the Sales team:
Consisting of Sales Development, Account Executive, Sales Director and Sales Operations teams, Formic's Sales organization is a highly driven group. We're motivated to help manufacturers and SMB’s build a comprehensive automation strategy to increase their productivity and save money, through our unique robotics-as-a-service model.
Sales Development Representatives are the first line of action to help us uncover valuable prospects as well as inform those interested in us already. The SDR team works closely with an Account Executive and Sales Director team on a daily basis and is a fantastic launchpad to develop your career in Sales with proven success.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Sequence prospective customers: organize and prioritize outreach to prospects
- Perform multi-channel outreach using a combination of email, phone, and social media to introduce and highlight the value of Formic’s offerings and qualify prospective customers’ interests
- Be accountable for booking and attending virtual discovery meetings with well-qualified leads, creating opportunity for deeper engagement and needs assessment
- Work closely with Account Executive and Sales Director teams in a collaborative environment to ensure the seamless transition of leads and positive customer experience
- Stay updated on industry trends, market developments, and maintain a deep understanding of our solutions to enhance your understanding of customer needs and inform your prospecting
- Maintain data hygiene and diligent updates in internal systems
- Strive to achieve daily goals to enable Sales quota attainment - having a real impact on Formic’s continued growth and success
What makes you a great fit:
- Willingness to work in a hybrid schedule in our downtown Phoenix, AZ office
- Experience and demonstrated success in a structured outbounding sales environment
- You enjoy and value working in a team environment - building camaraderie, sharing knowledge, and motivating one another
- You’re able to skillfully navigate challenges, quickly adapt to changing circumstances, quickly incorporate and respond to feedback, and bounce back from setbacks
- You’re self-motivated: you take initiative to research and generate leads
- Impeccable organizational skills to manage multiple leads, tasks, and priorities effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and move quickly, while maintaining documentation and data hygiene with a high level of detail orientation
- Strong desire to achieve and exceed targets, with a focus on measurable outcomes and driving business growth
What we look for
We’re building a company from the ground up, so every single person we hire has a massive impact on our team, culture, and ability to accomplish our mission. While each individual brings their own unique skills and perspectives to Formic, we look for people who share our vision and act in alignment with our Operating Principles. If this sounds like you, Formic could be the place for you:
- Fearless Optimism: You share our ambitious vision of what we can accomplish. You’re aware of the challenges we will face as a startup doing new things in an old space, but you’re energized by the incredible opportunity we have to drive change for our customers, and for the manufacturing industry at large.
- Factories First: You have a strong customer focus, no matter who your customer is. You seek to make things easier and better for our customers, even if it makes your job a little harder.
- Today, Not Tomorrow: There are always plenty of projects to tackle in a startup, but you prioritize, take accountability for work, and have a bias toward action.
- Be Right Often: You don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done. You keep looking for ways to improve, seek out feedback along the way, and back your decisions up with data.
- Made of Rubber: Just like rubber, when you fall you bounce back up. You know there’s going to be a lot of challenge and change in our work ahead but you are adaptable, resilient, and ready to thrive through it all.
- Good Baton Passes: You work with a desire to make things easier and better for your team members. You use empathy to understand the needs and goals of others and support each other so Formic can be successful together.
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000. Eligible Sales positions will also include a commission plan, the formal and detailed structure of which will be shared for mutual agreement once onboarded.
What We Offer:
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.