Account Executive - Texas
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
Note: This is a remote position that will manage a territory comprised of Texas. Candidates located and able to travel within Texas will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own new business development, inspiring integrators, value-add distributors, machine builders, and end-users to learn more about formic’s RaaS offering
- Generate new business and attentively follow up with leads
- Work with the sales development team to create targeted account outreach
- Qualify new potential projects
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events
- Lead site visits for new project discovery, with the flexibility to handle up to 75% travel (in your geographic region)
- Lead both internal and external resources during the pitch process
- Track your opportunity funnels in CRM
- Present Proposals to customers in light of the needs of their business
- Evaluate customer requirements for automation projects, work with the engineering team to develop concepts, and follow up with quotes
- Understand local manufacturing customer base and work with the sales development team to create a target list to focus on
- 3+ years of experience selling in the SaaS industry, and/or in a field related to industrial automation sales or manufacturing equipment
- Proven success hunting and building a territory: building a territory plan, generating leads, and leading site visits
- Hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced startup
- Proficiency in Salesforce and G-suite
- Ability to travel up to 75% within a given territory
- Experience thriving in a sales process-driven environment
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $75,000 - $135,000. Eligible Sales positions will also include a commission plan, the formal and detailed structure of which will be shared for mutual agreement once onboarded.
What We Offer
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com.
Something looks off?