Business Operations & Strategy Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking a Business Operations & Strategy Manager who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You will use your business insight, analytical skills, and strategic thinking to deliver insights and actionable recommendations to improve decision-making across the team. You’ll also own and execute on high priority, cross-functional projects to accelerate growth across all parts of the business.
What will you be doing?
- Own and execute on high priority, cross-functional projects
- Drive Front’s pricing strategy by combining a deep understanding of our customer needs, product, and competitive market, along with data-driven insights
- Lead analytical efforts supporting our business teams in an unstructured environment to identify insights and improve decision-making
- Develop in-depth understanding of growth drivers at Front and develop actionable recommendations from our data to influence business strategy and direction
What skills & experience do you need?
- 3-5 years of work experience in a highly analytical and strategic role (management consulting, investment banking, private equity / venture capital, operations within a rapidly growing tech company)
- Strong background in strategic problem solving - ability to approach a business problem with a hypothesis-driven approach to identify and execute on solutions
- Deep Excel expertise with the ability to develop insightful models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to leaders, team members and everyone in between
- Must be familiar with SQL or able to learn quickly
- Experience in a B2B SaaS environment strongly preferred
This is a hybrid role, expected to be in our San Francisco office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,400 - $145,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (which includes base salary and, where applicable, may include commissions or overtime pay), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our Recruiting Team for additional information.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.